House Price Crash Forum

Has Their Been A Topic Yet On Banning Of Ea Boards?

TeddyBear

HOLA441

Not been around so not sure if missed a thread on this.

Back in 1995 during last crash, where London was very much affected, Kensington and Chelsea Council banned EA boards in certain areas. They said it was to preserve the view, one wonders if it was to remove a symbol of the crash. Anyway, this legislation ran out recently and K&C are looking to renew it. However, seems like more councils are wanting to get in on the act now too. Anticipating a great deal more places for sale and rent perhaps?

HOLA442

Not been around so not sure if missed a thread on this.

Back in 1995 during last crash, where London was very much affected, Kensington and Chelsea Council banned EA boards in certain areas. They said it was to preserve the view, one wonders if it was to remove a symbol of the crash . Anyway, this legislation ran out recently and K&C are looking to renew it. However, seems like more councils are wanting to get in on the act now too. Anticipating a great deal more places for sale and rent perhaps?

Exactly my first thought on this story. I think they are trying to cover up the comming crash.

I was listening to James Max discussing this on LBC Drive on Tuesday. Not one caller mentioned that the pulling down of boards would coinside with a influx of properties on the market. just lots of talk that boards are no longer needed as all buyers now use the internet, the boards are just a blight on the landscape.

HOLA443

Exactly my first thought on this story. I think they are trying to cover up the comming crash.

I was listening to James Max discussing this on LBC Drive on Tuesday. Not one caller mentioned that the pulling down of boards would coinside with a influx of properties on the market. just lots of talk that boards are no longer needed as all buyers now use the internet, the boards are just a blight on the landscape.

On the rare occasions when I bother to listen to James Max - basically when the batteries on my I-Pod have run out, and I can't bear listening to Radio One in the car - I'm always amazed at what a thick, economically-illiterate, property-ramping piece of cr@p he appears to be.

Strikes me that he's the radio version of "ho-ho, to-be-sure-it's-a-luvverly-morning-and-yer-property's-going-up-again" thick as pig sh!t Eamonn Holmes....

Sooner they all go on the bonfire the better, if you ask me.

B

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447