Prices down

supply up

new buyers down

average discounts over 6%

time taken to sell up

number of viewings per sale up

no positive benefit from the IR cut

And Wriglesworth says:

further house price deflation across the capital is all but certain over the next few months

Is there ANY good news for the bulls in this report?

:lol:

HOLA446

I love the London demand index on page 6 of the London report.

It shows that Properties on the market has gone up by 50% buy buyers have stayed level. This means that potential downside has been steadily increasing over the last year.

This is important because it proves the only reason that house prices have not dropped is because sellers are not willing to reduce prices. Many people on this website have been saying this but I am surprised that the demand has been dropping so consistantly.

This graph will have to return to 100 (equal demand/supply) at some point. A question I have though is how low has it gone in the past? At the present level of 50 it seems terrible.

HOLA447

The graph is interesting, it confirms that properties on the market correlates nicely with registered buyers.

But look how the gap has widened between these two.

Usually, when you place your property on the market you register as a buyer, in a relatively stable market you would expect the graph to run parrellel or even narrow slightly when a bull market ie: slightly more buyers than properties.

Anyway enough of the rambling, the graph clearly shows that whilst people are placing their properties on the market, they are not so keen to register as a buyer.

This imbalance is very clear to see, it's getting worse as well.

Wonder why? :blink:

HOLA448
Guest boredwaiting
I guess it is old news, but hometrack have put the August report on their website.

Hometrack

On page 5 is the graph for demand and supply - I was wondering why the demand was going up and it has the same features as the supply!

I guess this would mean the dominant number of people looking to buy are also the ones putting their homes on the market!?!? :unsure:

HOLA449
On page 5 is the graph for demand and supply - I was wondering why the demand was going up and it has the same features as the supply!

I guess this would mean the dominant number of people looking to buy are also the ones putting their homes on the market!?!?  :unsure:

I hadnt looked at that one yet. This grapg shows demand even worst than the London one the figure is 25!!! This does not look good for the market.