House Price Crash Forum

Pending Home Sales Have Crashed To Record Lows, Prices To Follow, Us Focused

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Problem is, much as I'd like this to happen, how much have we actually followed what has happened in the US? Virtually every country in the world except us has - but not here.

Possibly more houses on the market now than there was 6 months ago - but can we really look to the US to forecast what's going to happen here?

HOLA445

Problem is, much as I'd like this to happen, how much have we actually followed what has happened in the US? Virtually every country in the world except us has - but not here.

Possibly more houses on the market now than there was 6 months ago - but can we really look to the US to forecast what's going to happen here?

There are something like 20 million empty homes in the US which is a huge number compared to the UK . With property taxes which were set at the peak of the housing bubble many of these are worth less than nothing.

Also remember that other than the mania in the noughties there never was a national obsession with house prices in the US. Just like the herd abandoning stocks in 2000-2 housing is no longer seen as a way to make money. I imagine either gold or guns (or both) will be the next blow out bull market in the states.