House Price Crash Forum

The Election Debate

sbn

HOLA441
Guest Laborrower

The Tories would not have done anything differently.

You were talking about HPC psychics a few posts ago.

Now you're one, it seems

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Yes.

The rest of the country seem blissfully unaware how dire the finances are and unaware that our glorious PM has had a big hand in this mess. Most people are borderline innumerate so they wouldn't understand if you told them.

Billion, Trillion, Million. Bah it's all the same!

Oh excellent, sheeple talk, I've missed this.

Another amusing one. It's a bit like emo kids that dye their hair black to be different and accuse everybody else of being the same.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I do find the political posts on this forum amusing.

The majority of you are tory. This majority get together and talk about how we need a tory government.

If anyone challenges this, the majority shout them down, making them go elsewhere, thus maintaining the tory majority.

Its a viscous circle.

Then, to cap it all off, you act like the whole country is likely to cote in line with the views expresed here. It's quite silly really.

I will use my one vote with most tactical effect to get Gordon and Labour out. Other than that I am pretty apolitical. The issues that are important to me are best espoused (on different issues by UKIP, The Greens, Conservative, and the Lib Dems)

I want a balanced budget, a smaller govt, banks with less influence, stronger regulation of the city, cheaper housing (to help our economy compete in a global economy, cheaper and better public transport and to get tougher with scroungers on benefits.

Just because I know Gordon is a dangerous twit, doesn't mean I am a tory.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Laborrower

Oh excellent, sheeple talk, I've missed this.

Another amusing one. It's a bit like emo kids that dye their hair black to be different and accuse everybody else of being the same.

Yeh, hilarious! rolleyes.gif

HOLA447

You were talking about HPC psychics a few posts ago.

Now you're one, it seems

Perhaps the most silly thing banded arround is the idea the torys wouldn't have got us in the same mess.

Lets just remember most of this mess was caused by a lack of bank regulation.

Last time I checked, the conservatives weren't known for being tough with banks.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I just find this forum amazingly out of touch with the rest of the country.

Thats why I don't drop in that often these days.

I have to say though, things have much improved since I last bobbed in.

It's been nice to see some intelligent debate again. The forum's shown a glimmer of its old, insightful self - present thread excepted.

You want labour then try moneysavingexpert. Most of that lot are on benefits and would only ever vote labour

HOLA4411
Guest Laborrower

Perhaps the most silly thing banded arround is the idea the torys wouldn't have got us in the same mess.

How can you possibly know? (unless you jump into the Delorian, go back to 97 and elect a Tory govt)

Last time I checked, the conservatives weren't known for being tough with banks.

Let's just remember which party left the country on life support in 1979.

Labour have done all this before....except this time, IT'S WORSE.

HOLA4412
Guest absolutezero

You want labour then try moneysavingexpert. Most of that lot are on benefits and would only ever vote labour

And there's more of them than there is of you.

HOLA4413

You see, you've just gone and proven my point.

Actually, you've just proven his point - you have chosen to hear what you wanted to just like Brown.

He is saying that being anti-Labour does not make you a Tory... I agree: I will vote for 'anyone but Brown' since he is incompetent at best. Have a look at votematch.com - many on here have done so and are far from being Tories, but even further from supporting Labour.

HOLA4414
Guest Laborrower

LOL you gotta love the rolleyes.gif smiley.

It's patronizing and condescending all in one.

Force you superiority complex down that plebs throat at the click of a button!

Gotta love the Labour troll.

You and Absolute Zero can be best buddies now.

HOLA4415

"None of them have addressed the problems of mid/large families coming here from the EU with no skills often with no or very poor English to go straight onto the dole/benefits and be allocated free housing.That is the real immigration issue as we are tied by treaty and are effectively importing unemployment. They probably do have reasonable controls in place now to deal with the bulk of the illegals getting over the border the problem is the legals which are stretching public services!!"

Standard ploy - refocus the question if you know people won't like your answer. If you've got a better answer for the 20% (i.e. the non-EUs) then refocus on them and not the remaining 80%. Watch and learn. They're not deaf or stupid. Listen and they're actually screaming at you and admiting they either have no answer or have one you'll not like. What the political classes don't get is we've all had to become politicians at work, home, etc. And suddenly we all notice that they aren't even very good at being politicians!

HOLA4416
Guest absolutezero

Gotta love the Labour troll.

You and Absolute Zero can be best buddies now.

Gotta love the accusation of trolling (usually given out by those who don't have much of an argument).

HOLA4417

The Tories would not have done anything differently.

The tories played the age of austerity card at their last conference, but it went down like a shit sandwich, hence they are being very cagey about their plans. I expect if they do get in that they will cut deeper and harder. I also expect that if they had been in for the last 13 years, our national debt would be far smaller than it currently, as they would not have 'invested' (meaning spent too much of ours and future generations money) on public services.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Laborrower

WAAAAYYYY I'm a HPC troll, i.e. I have a differening opinion from the majority, therefore I'm here to just cause trouble.

You have self awareness, if nothing else.

HOLA4421

Are you familiar with the FSA that Gordon Brown set up? The FSA that Gordon Brown gave the powers of regulation to after removing them from the Bank of England. The FSA who had no power to control. The Bank of England who did. Things would be completely different

Then theres the state of the public financies. Pensions would never have been raided. The public sector would have been a lot smaller (PS it is grossly oversized and inefficient thanks to Brown so it does need to be smaller). There wouldnt be any where near as many immigrants.

But I forgot, you have your red-tinted glasses on so no you are probably right, the Torys would have got us into the same mess.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Hmmmm.

The ITV/ComRes polls taken throughout the debate put a wide margin between a victorious Clegg and a losing Brown/Cameron.

Remarkably the exit poll (not the other detailed ones, only the exit one) Has suddenly changed to

Brown 33%

Clegg/Cameron 30% each

Naughty boys stuffing electronic ballots...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest absolutezero

Naughty boys stuffing electronic ballots...

Have you any evidence for that or is it just a load of old bolleaux?

Edited by absolutezero