House Price Crash Forum

Britain's Stay-at-home Sons - 29 Per Cent Of Men Aged Between 20 And 34

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I did it for a while when I came back from overseas in my early 30s. All a bit wierd, but allowed me to save enough to buy our restaurant business. I was doing the best paid job I have ever had and with the least responsibility I had had for a while (as a waiter bizarrely..its all about the tips ;) ....£30k+ for carrying plates!!!!!) The lovely lady who managed the restaurant and is now my wife, was spewing as I was earning far more than she was.

I must have saved £10k in a number of months!!!!

NowI earn far less :ph34r:

HOLA444
I did it for a while when I came back from overseas in my early 30s. All a bit wierd, but allowed me to save enough to buy our restaurant business. I was doing the best paid job I have ever had and with the least responsibility I had had for a while (as a waiter bizarrely..its all about the tips ;) ....£30k+ for carrying plates!!!!!) The lovely lady who managed the restaurant and is now my wife, was spewing as I was earning far more than she was.

I must have saved £10k in a number of months!!!!

NowI earn far less :ph34r:

I'm guessing they're talking more about men who've never left home rather than those who've been back for the odd brief stay when a relationship has collapsed or similar.

HOLA445
Guest absolutezero
Ah yes, the Ronnie Corbet 'Sorry' types (80s?? TV sitcom for our younger viewers). I would have lived in a tent or a caravan rather than stay at 'home' in my twenties.

It's fantastic.

I live at home (doesn't everyone?) and I'm 29.

Saves me a fortune and have a nice, sizable deposit saved up. :)

I get on with my parents but they're old. They'll not be around forever. :( I might as well get to know them before they're gone.

I come and go as I please.

Where are the problems?

HOLA446
It's fantastic.

I get on with my parents but they're old. They'll not be around forever. :( I might as well get to know them before they're gone.

Where are the problems?

Can you bring birds back home?

HOLA447
Ah yes, the Ronnie Corbet 'Sorry' types (80s?? TV sitcom for our younger viewers). I would have lived in a tent or a caravan rather than stay at 'home' in my twenties.

I was only really meaning short-term necessity. Anything more than a few weeks would have been very unappealing prospect for me.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest absolutezero
Of course he can't. Imagine saying to the bird yeah you can come back but only if you keep the squeals down.

That's why men are better.

Got to love pillow biters. ;)

HOLA4415
It's fantastic.

Where are the problems?

AZ....Sensible move and likely to be the norm and more in the future as graduates are pumped off the production line into a jobless UK job market (with 20K debts....but that is another story).

Alll this talk of excessive demand for housing keeping prices high makes me laugh. How many Poles are going home? How many 20somethings will stay at home? How many struggling families will take in a lodger? How many young professionals will stay in a flat share rather than pay £100k for a 1 bed slave box with a balcony and city views?

I respect you honesty and your discipline to save. One of my employees lives with her parents. Has been in the job market for 5 years, has a souped up new car on HP and takes 4 overseas holidays per year.....if her overdraft will allow!!!!! :huh::ph34r::(

HOLA4416
It's just one of the many 'positives' of high house prices! :rolleyes:

What must the birth rate of people born in the country be like now? The govenment says we need immigration, that's cos no-one in this country can afford kids unless the council give you a house!

Or no-one can afford to do the menial jobs so we need immigrants to do them!

HOLA4417
Guest absolutezero
AZ....Sensible move and likely to be the norm and more in the future as graduates are pumped off the production line into a jobless UK job market (with 20K debts....but that is another story).

Alll this talk of excessive demand for housing keeping prices high makes me laugh. How many Poles are going home? How many 20somethings will stay at home? How many struggling families will take in a lodger? How many young professionals will stay in a flat share rather than pay £100k for a 1 bed slave box with a balcony and city views?

I respect you honesty and your discipline to save. One of my employees lives with her parents. Has been in the job market for 5 years, has a souped up new car on HP and takes 4 overseas holidays per year.....if her overdraft will allow!!!!! :huh::ph34r::(

When I started work I thought houses were too expensive so I didn't want to play the game and have debt round my neck.

I have a good life - I just don't pour my money down the drain.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest absolutezero
Get back to the pillow biters! She's mine!!!!! :P

You can keep her!

The guy in your avatar is handsome. Who is he?

Edited by absolutezero

HOLA4423
You can keep her!

The guy in your avatar is handsome. Who is he?

It is me....Gordon!!!...don't you recognise me after all these years???.....Me a struggling young politician with no concept of the real world or convincing sexual or political orientation..... You a hard knobbly metallic object of considerable length and appropriate girth.... making a gravelly vibrating sound.....remote control...... Remember how you took my eye out when I first switched you on!!!!!!

Oh the times we shared on the roof of my student digs watching the stars.....You used to say that with you , me and Uranus....your life was just perfect. ;)

HOLA4424
Guest absolutezero
It is me....Gordon!!!...don't you recognise me after all these years???.....Me a struggling young politician with no concept of the real world or convincing sexual or political orientation..... You a hard knobbly metallic object of considerable length and appropriate girth.... making a gravelly vibrating sound.....remote control...... Remember how you took my eye out when I first switched you on!!!!!!

Oh the times we shared on the roof of my student digs watching the stars.....You used to say that with you , me and Uranus....your life was just perfect. ;)

How surreal!

HOLA4425