House Price Crash Forum

China Makes Biggest Cut In Us Treasury Assets Since 2000

Injin

HOLA441

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2...s-treasury.html

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-08...ent_8582318.htm

NEW YORK: China reduced its holdings of US Treasury debt in June by the biggest margin in nearly nine years, according to a US Treasury Department report issued on Monday.

China cut its net holdings by 3.1 percent to $776.4 billion in June from $801.5 billion in May, the report says. This is also the first large-scale reduction of US Treasury debt by China so far this year.

However, its June holdings were still larger than April's $763.5 billion and $767.9 billion in March, according to the statistics of the Treasury Department.

Reuters data show the drop in China's Treasury holdings in June was the biggest percentage reduction since a 4.2 percent cut in October 2000.

On the other hand, Japan, the second-largest holder of US Treasury securities, increased its holdings to $711.8 billion in June from $677.2 billion in May.

The United Kingdom, the third largest holder, also increased its holdings to $214 billion in June from $163.8 billion, a surge of 30.6 percent.

Printy printy.

We is fecked.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

OK I'm living and working in China but from the UK and let me just say

the Chinese are pretty upset the USA is going bankrupt they have asked

nicely if the US could just sort its self out so they can buy more stuff from

them but the US EU just will not, they KNOW the US-EU will try and wriggle out of

the debt to china so there thinking FECKUP lets sell all the bonds or make the RMB

the worlds NO1 Greenback (it is green to) so look on as oil and the rest out stuff

all get sold RMB

Well Im in china so your fecked im all right Wu

HOLA447
OK I'm living and working in China but from the UK and let me just say

the Chinese are pretty upset the USA is going bankrupt they have asked

nicely if the US could just sort its self out so they can buy more stuff from

them but the US EU just will not, they KNOW the US-EU will try and wriggle out of

the debt to china so there thinking FECKUP lets sell all the bonds or make the RMB

the worlds NO1 Greenback (it is green to) so look on as oil and the rest out stuff

all get sold RMB

Well Im in china so your fecked im all right Wu

I would love to know what the media in China are saying about all this shit with the US.

I heard some Chinese reporter on an American radio show a few weeks ago saying that one Chinese paper claimed that China was basically planning on not showing up for US treasury auctions in the very near future.

:ph34r:

HOLA448
I heard some Chinese reporter on an American radio show a few weeks ago saying that one Chinese paper claimed that China was basically planning on not showing up for US treasury auctions in the very near future.

Not saying it isn't true, but China understands the media now. Anyone remember the trade wars and anti EU dumping for textiles. When the USA started trying to tax out China on imports.

They failed, nothing says power like having the money up front, and China has it. They'll pay what they like when they like until the situation is reversed, including Government debt which

is so tightly linked to themselves it's more a statement about the future prospects than an investment.

IMO.