House Price Crash Forum

Hgm Are Paying Spot For 1oz Coins

HOLA441
HOLA442
Significance of this???

No significance to my mind. Their only other option is to buy from the mints and they will charge spot + fabrication costs + profit. Thus the general public provide a cheap source of stock. If they manage to get a few numismatics in a batch too, that's a bonus. They do not care about gold prices since they will hedge. If you buy at spot and sell at spot +10% you make 10% profit, before costs, on your turnover.

HGM seems to be a rising star at the moment. They are offer aggressive pricing and market in a format the market wants. The sleepier old companies are going to hurt.

HOLA443

Yawn...

All the proper dealers pay 100%, sometimes more if you have a lot of coins. By proper I mean ATS, Chard, Baird and Co etc.

Rising stars? They've only got 6 coins for sale (as opposed to Chard for example who has hundreds of types) and their bar prices are far more expensive than other dealers.

1000 grm bar at HGM = £19,360.00

1000 grm bar at goldline.co.uk = £19,146.00 = £214.00 less

HOLA444
Yawn...

All the proper dealers pay 100%, sometimes more if you have a lot of coins. By proper I mean ATS, Chard, Baird and Co etc.

Rising stars? They've only got 6 coins for sale (as opposed to Chard for example who has hundreds of types) and their bar prices are far more expensive than other dealers.

I think you mean their range of coins is restricted but its also true that they often have no stock so that is why they are offering a good price

HOLA445
Yawn...

At time of this post edit.

1000 grm bar at HGM = £19256.44

1000 grm bar at goldline.co.uk = £18,980.00 = £276 less.

1000 grm bar at bullionbypost.co.uk =18,773.00 = 483.44 less

1000 grm bar at coininvestdirect = £18,648.97 = £607.47 less (which is an ounce of gold for free compared to the HGM price).

Also a thing to consider is who you are going to sell it back to, as the goldline bar will be one of their own Baird & Co bars as opposed to a Spanish SEMPSA bar sold by HGM, bullion by post sell Umicore bars and a CID bar will be from a German or Swiss refinery (for example: Heraeus, UBS, Umicore).

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

HOLA446

On a different forum we compared prices in a couple of countries.

All reported much the same.

Buyers were paying between 7% and 10% over spot, sellers were getting up to 1.5% over spot.

Demand is certainly higher than supply from these figures.

Few years back it was about 4/6% over and under spot for bullion, 6/8% for coins.