House Price Crash Forum

Good Deal?

stcolin

HOLA441
Thanks for letting me know what my mindest is, what would I have done without you??

No problem man, I m on here most days, I also do one to one sessions on mindet adjustment. :lol: Glad to be of service...

What really gets my back up are people who are sooo certain what the future holds, who use graphs to demonstrate historical bubbles and crashs, but disregard other indices as being too national and not applicable to our wee country.

Excuse me if I grouped you in the estate agent, Belfast Tele group, general public...It is just that your previous post that we all are trying to push house prices down sounds like one of the statements many estate agents agents vested interest groups that have came out of the wood work and posted on here before.. Miss Jones for example...I don't own here, or plan to buy here.

I want prices to fall and if I can influence people not to buy and that helps drive prices down (which I doubt, although collectively we do play a part perhaps, and if we do, so what?) so that my friends can buy a house, and the general populace can buy a house and have enough money left over to do the things they enjoy...then so be it, infact fantastic.

Falling prices are a good thing. I can only speak for myself, but I m sure many of the longer term posters on here Doccyboy, BB, Shipbuilder, Sophia, Headmelter Joe D, Paul, Subby, PP, Traction, R+R and Talksalot and many others etc etc have saved many of their friends and families hundreds of thousands by telling them not to buy now...probably if each one of these forementioned people have influenced one person not to buy in 2007 it would be in the millions of pound. Thats incredible and a positive if you ask me.As I say I can only speak for myself, but I know I have saved people a hell of a lot of money by advising them not to buy and explaining why...So anyone reading this who is thinking of buying..Dont do it, encourage anyone you know who might be buying not to buy for another year...not for my benefit, but your own...

And your right the graphs are not applicable to our wee country as the bubble here is off the scale, check out Joe Davolas signature, the price increases didnt fit on the Financial Times graph...

Edit to add Talksalot to that list, no offence Talksalot...There are so many good posters to remember.

Edited by VedantaTrader

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
...have saved many of their friends and families hundreds of thousands by telling them not to buy now...

...unfortunately, not in my case. :( I advised 4 people not to buy a house last year. They all bought a house anyway. Thought they were getting a bargain at 10%-30% off :rolleyes:

I think there were a few people who came here and listened to us. Not many though.

However, I guess I am one of the people this website helped. Instead of having bought in 2007 with a massive mortgage, I can now look forward to buying in the next few years with no mortgage at all. Thank you everyone who helped me understand what was/is going to happen.

HOLA443
...unfortunately, not in my case. :( I advised 4 people not to buy a house last year. They all bought a house anyway. Thought they were getting a bargain at 10%-30% off :rolleyes:

I think there were a few people who came here and listened to us. Not many though.

However, I guess I am one of the people this website helped. Instead of having bought in 2007 with a massive mortgage, I can now look forward to buying in the next few years with no mortgage at all. Thank you everyone who helped me understand what was/is going to happen.

I would be rather like you BB. I came here when researching my own purchase and it led to my refusal to purchase in late 2006/early 07. I subsequently find myself leaving my wife and, had I purchased, I would not be staring down the barrel of a shot gun. A lot of people come on here and don't believe that this sort of thing can happen - they are wrong.

I have influenced a few not to press too hard but the majority have had their arms twisted by market forces - they simply didnt have the readies to buy.

HOLA444
I would be rather like you BB. I came here when researching my own purchase and it led to my refusal to purchase in late 2006/early 07.

We can only help people who come here with an open mind. The mainstream media really have all the power over people's minds.

I subsequently find myself leaving my wife and, had I purchased, I would not be staring down the barrel of a shot gun. A lot of people come on here and don't believe that this sort of thing can happen - they are wrong.

Sorry to hear that mate. :(

I know of 2 couples that were getting married last year. Both women insisted upon a new home. Both the men wanted to wait. If they had waited both would have had saved tens of thousands of pounds. That sort of money would pay for a lot of holidays. But they wasted it on buying a house in a falling market. I hope their relationships can survive the massive unnecessary debt the woman have forced upon them.

Another couple invited us to a BBQ recently. We were stuck in the garage because of the crap weather, but that is another story. They were talking about their neighbour's who had just got married and were renting. The woman simply could not understand that the people had made a good financial decision. She kept saying that the neighbour's needed somewhere to live. :blink: I said they had somewhere to live and they were saving a lot of money not buying in a falling market. She said, "but where are they going to bring up their children?" It amazed me how closed minded the women was. The man understood.

Most women seem hardwired to want to buy a home. :blink:

I know the women who post here are a very property smart - Tara, Sophia, etc.. I'm sure it must have been very difficult for them to resist all the peer pressure.

HOLA445
Most women seem hardwired to want to buy a home. :blink:

I know the women who post here are a very property smart - Tara, Sophia, etc.. I'm sure it must have been very difficult for them to resist all the peer pressure.

That is a very good point. In my experience, it is definitely women who are on the push. This is going to seem very non-PC but most of the women I find pushing this are with significantly higher earning men. When the responsibility falls on the woman, it seems that woman is much less inclined to push the boat out. Of course this could also be an expression of the fact that the former group are probably looking towards family and the latter may well be career... but an interesting observation.

ps. You do know who would get the blame in divorce court ;)