House Price Crash Forum

Sterling

wtc

HOLA441

I notice sterling has continued its creeping decline this past week having broke any last support level it might have and showing no signs of stopping anytime soon.

So my question is, are we going to see a slow and steady decline in sterling until it reaches the $1.55-$1.60 mark or are we going to see a reversal of this trend anytime soon?

What impact will it have if the US continue raising rates and we hold ours? If we drop ours?

What tf we increase our rates? Is it already too late?

And what effect is all of this likely to have on the FTSE if any?

HOLA442

Personally, I think Sterling is in the crapper until the BoE raise rates or the dollar falls due to a re-evaluation of fundamental problems in the US economy (that said, the markets appear to be expecting rate cuts, so maybe holding rates would be enough).

But if the BoE drop rates you might as well use your pounds for toilet paper.

Edited by MarkG

HOLA443

May i add my view; even a uk rate rise wont help sterling mid - long term cos initially the media will use it to spout crap about bolstering GBp but then it will turn to realisation that they are icreasing cos its REALLLY bad. athen the slide will really mount and at that time the economy and HPi figures will be really brumming the bear tune.