House Price Crash Forum

When Are Interest Rates Going Up?

HOLA441
We're going Japanese, it's going to be 10 years of new fakery.

i think they're trying to massage everyone before the election then let loose the hounds of hell

or if they are going japanese i doubt they'll manage it because japan had real things to be

going on with during that time, i heard it on a radio programme - big differences, but like

them trying to make authentic batter for fish & chips and us trying to make TVs that last

40 years like my parents' Hitachi b/w did

edit the hitachi was recyled in the end, it never actually broke

Edited by loginandtonic

HOLA442

My prediction is for interest rates to be 2% or less in four years time. The economy is in such a mess inflation is the last thing the BOE is worried about. Lets get a couple of years of good pay rises before we worry about interest rises.

HOLA443
The cuts in interest rates completey reversed the downside momentum in house prices.

Rates will probably only go up in a big way when the economy is improving and unemployment is falling.

The house price correction is over.

Mammon I suggest if you didn't own any property you would not say this

HOLA444

We are in a strange period of calm, but with wage growth looking like its going negative, taxes looking like they are going much higher, unemployment increasing markedly, mortgage finance now at its max level (well below peak levels of lending) and not high enough to stabilise prices, and the prospect of further financial crisis as all this impacts on asset prices and hence capital adequency, it seems we have a LOT further to go yet.

We are in the place we are at the moment because lots of government have chosen to defer the pain in the hope it wil go away, as have most of the public in a hole. Meanwhile, the situation continues to deteriorate for all...

HOLA445
We are in a strange period of calm, but with wage growth looking like its going negative, taxes looking like they are going much higher, unemployment increasing markedly, mortgage finance now at its max level (well below peak levels of lending) and not high enough to stabilise prices, and the prospect of further financial crisis as all this impacts on asset prices and hence capital adequency, it seems we have a LOT further to go yet.

We are in the place we are at the moment because lots of government have chosen to defer the pain in the hope it wil go away, as have most of the public in a hole. Meanwhile, the situation continues to deteriorate for all...

and the Opposition dont make as much of the debt swept under the carpet as they could perhaps? because they dont really want Brown out? he's their best chance of a win.