House Price Crash Forum

What Do The House Price Derivatives Market Predict Will Happen To House Prices Over The Next Few Years?

HOLA441

Does anyone know what the house price derivatives market is indicating for uk house prices over the next few years?

Better still does anyone know where i can acess prices from this market? Are prices acessible to regular individuals or only to big hedge funds?

The only market i can acess is the ig index house price market which is pretty unsatisfactory - a large spread and very short term

cheers

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
No

cheers guys,

to me this is extremely strong evidence that house prices will fall further. It's all very well that some experts believe that maybe house prices are now stable but if they're not willing to put their money where their mouth is then it's difficult to respect their judgement too much. I'm not saying these derivative markets will be perfect indicators but they've got to be about the best guide to future house prices

HOLA449

one more thing,

do people think these derivative prices are skewed due to institutions hedging against the value of large property portfolios that they own? Ie do you think the market is skewed since there are a lot more people wanting to go short on future prices than people wanting to go long?

HOLA4410