• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I was thinking it would work more like this;

Average worker on 20,000 gives up 5%= 1,000

CEO on 720,000 gives up 5%= 36,000

so each gives up relatively a similar sum compared to what they earn a year. But hey- maybe it just did not occur to willie to adopt this method- he's just a simple CEO of an International Airline after all.

That's exactly what's happening - he's giving up a month of salary (8.33%) and he's asking everyone else to give up a month of salary (8.33%). (As an aside, as many people have said, people at the higher reaches can certainly afford to give up more more easily than those at the bottom but that's a separate issue).

HOLA443
That's exactly what's happening - he's giving up a month of salary (8.33%) and he's asking everyone else to give up a month of salary (8.33%). (As an aside, as many people have said, people at the higher reaches can certainly afford to give up more more easily than those at the bottom but that's a separate issue).

It is, as you said, what is happening but it's certainly not a seperate issue. One is likely able to comfortably achieve what is being asked of the staff, the other may actually risk their home and more. This is not at all in balance despite the simple maths applied.

HOLA444
It is, as you said, what is happening but it's certainly not a seperate issue. One is likely able to comfortably achieve what is being asked of the staff, the other may actually risk their home and more. This is not at all in balance despite the simple maths applied.

I don't disagree. You misunderstand my point - I was simply correcting wonderpup's misapprehension that giving up a month of high salary is not the same in percentage terms as giving up a month of low salary.

Personally I would like to see the senior management drawing the same salary as the lowest paid full time worker in the company until they have managed to fix things enough that the employees don't have to take cuts.

Don't imagine it would ever happen though.

HOLA445
Guest X-QUORK
The saddest part was that I was chatting to the boss one evening and she must have thought he had gone because she started down the stairs to go. The guy looked at me and said " If that bit*ch wants to sneak off early she shouldn't wear high heels"- so all her grovelling had earned her nothing but contempt.

Sounds like the boss was a twunt of the highest order.

Did you smile, nod and say "yeah"?