House Price Crash Forum

Are You A Smug

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
OMG! That is so funny. People really don't have a clue do they.

Who does? My only issue is that 5 year fixed mortgage deals are currently very low. If I buy in 12 months time instead of now, the price of the house is likely to lower, but my mortgage payments may be higher, because interest rates will be much higher. So the buy or not to buy question isn't just a factor of nominal house prices, its also a factor of mortgage rates. A small drop in house prices together with a large increase in fixed term mortgage deals may cause me to regret not buying now. Especially if we get into a situation where mortgage rates are high and savings rates are low (and banks are making billions in profit).

HOLA445
Its quite clear that most areas and especially 'luxury flats' will see falls for a long time yet. All the new build flats in birmingham, manchester and london are still largely empty

I think thats probably an overstatement... bear ramping... but I know what you meant.