House Price Crash Forum

I Think Gord Brown Is Doing A Great Job

50%deposit

HOLA441

Oddly,I agree with a lot of both the previous posts have to say.On the surface it might seem strange that both praise Brown and Bush respectively but when we look at it the thing they have in common is intense media hostility.The effect this has is to create a wave of approbation,but in reality much of this is merely running with the herd.

I will vote Labour at the GE for the following reasons.Firstly the sitting MP is a good chap and an excellent constituency MP who has not had his fingers in the till.Secondly since 1997 I have done OK and many of those who have not have been profligate and spent money they didn't have on things they didn't need in a vain effort to prove that they were somebody worthy of respect,it doesn't work that way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Ok I'll bite. There is no evidence any other leader would have done things any differently. There would still have been massive HPI and credit bubble whoever of the main parties or mainstream political figures had been in power. And they would still be lying about it now.

Perhaps public spending would have been lower under another leader but I bet not significantly.

I don't think putting in someone with a better showbiz manner on would help things either. That would annoy me intensely.

Do you really want Harriet Harmon or Alan Johnson as PM.....?

I think this post sums it all up very well. This is all about personality politics. The fact that so many people post vitriolic and personal comments while not quoting facts shows that. My buddy at work makes a good point, the best chancellor we ever had on record yes, but an awfull communictor and unfortunately the PM job requires alot of the old smarmy cheesy grin and teflon shoulders. I disagree with him, i think if he pulls us out of recession ahead of the rest of our G8 competitors then he'll win the next election.

Labour has plenty of bad polices and turning a blind eye (pardon the pun) to the impact of buy to let landords on the supply and demand dynamic of houses to young couples is my number 1 one labour hate. However people are talking complete **** by trying rewrite history and question Browns economic record.

HOLA443
yes, but the point of this thread is to identify people that like Gordon Brown, like what hes doing, thinks its good and support him without reservation.

I don't think normal people who aren't members of political parties themselves (ie. don't have ulterior motivations and don't spend their spare time amongst fanatics) ever feel that way about politicians. Its a good thing too.

Archived