House Price Crash Forum

World Bank

HOLA441
Why Germany?

Last week 30 miles West of me refinery workers went on strike over the hiring of Polish workers. As a British born son of a Welsh and Polish couple - my Father having fought in WW2 with the 'Free Poles' - I felt decidedly uneasy watching those 'protests' on the news.

a few years back I read a book about the commandoes in WW2 , and one anecdote that amused me was :

there were a group of Polish volunteers at a training camp in Wales , and the camp authorities had advertised

for live-in accomodation for the commandoes with little success . So the local bobby was sent round to try to

persuade the women to take the soldiers in . The bobby approached Mrs Jones to see if she would take in

a foreign soldier , she said no way she wouldnt take any **** English soldiers .... no no they are not English, they

are Polish ... oh thats all right then , send one down . :lol:

HOLA442
Strange that a Bank should make such a comment - this is the preserve of politics - and yet here is the World Bank no less making such a bold comment......!!!

WHO OWNS THE WORLD BANK??

Not so much a question of ownership, but more who sets the agenda - the clues are in this group:

'He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission. He also attended the annual invitation-only conferences of the Bilderberg Group in 1991, 2003, 2006 and 2007'.

HOLA443
Guest มร หล&#3
Not so much a question of ownership, but more who sets the agenda - the clues are in this group:

'He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission. He also attended the annual invitation-only conferences of the Bilderberg Group in 1991, 2003, 2006 and 2007'.

Greenspan!

HOLA444

He also attended Bilderberg in 2008 and 2009:

Robert Zoellick (1991, 2003, 2006, 2008), former Deputy Secretary of State and current President of the World Bank

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=270692374

Invitees of this year included U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner; director of the U.S. National Economic Council, Larry Summers; the Obama administration's special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Richard Holbrooke; World Bank president Robert Zoellick; European Central Bank president Jean-Claude Trichet; and European Commission president José Manuel Barroso.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Bilderberg_Meeting

HOLA445

I think the biggest unrest is going to be in the USA. They've got the furthest to fall, the greatest sense of entitlement, the highest valuation of individualism, the biggest store of private weapons, the most diverse ethnic mix and the biggest cultural gap between the "left" (coastal liberals) and the "right" (midwestern and sunbelt conservatives). And as Dmitiri Orlov reminds us, let's not forget the apocalyptic religious death cults.

The likes of Zoellick talking about civil unrest abroad is just the American political class projecting their fears overseas.

HOLA446

Nor cival unrest is for places like pakistan, russia, china, north korea well anyone thats not our friends.

Facts are it did the french OK and we can not continue as we are going much longer so better get it over with whilst your stil young and can fight back.

The system is past repair and my only hope is the army steps in and takes the weapons off the police who have become little more then political lap dogs.