House Price Crash Forum

The Comedy Rental Flat Of The Day.

copper crutch

HOLA441

hmm only 525 per month :lol: for a half finished unfurnished dump in leith :( would you not say to the owner come on at least finish the tiles in the kitchen ?

what sort of half wit would even try to rent a dump like this out, :angry: the EA Should not be marketing this place as its in such a mess. :blink:

its been advertised for rent now for months with no takers on the horison. :rolleyes:

fact 1. its too expensive.

fact 2. its a dump.

fact 3. poorly presented and marketed.

Best this remax lot stick to trying to sell properties as they aint any good at the rental market :lol:

http://www.remax-scotland.com/PublicListin...c31&Index=5

Edited by thecrutchster

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
hmm only 525 per month :lol: for a half finished unfurnished dump in leith :( would you not say to the owner come on at least finish the tiles in the kitchen ?

what sort of half wit would even try to rent a dump like this out, :angry: the EA Should not be marketing this place as its in such a mess. :blink:

fact 2. its a dump.

But dont you realise that the LL will have their mortgage to pay?! We should be queueing up to bail out their failed investment. Even at £525 a month they could well be losing money (well we can only hope).

HOLA445

Crikey. Professional landlord do you think, or someone really desperate!? Clearly someone out of touch with the Edinburgh rental market to an embarrassing degree anyway. You can get a 2 bedroom fully furnished flat in a nicer area for that price just now.

I can't imagine there being many takers.

HOLA446
Crikey. Professional landlord do you think, or someone really desperate!? Clearly someone out of touch with the Edinburgh rental market to an embarrassing degree anyway. You can get a 2 bedroom fully furnished flat in a nicer area for that price just now.

I can't imagine there being many takers.

more chance of hibs winning the Scottish Cup than that flat being rented. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA447

its been advertised for rent now for months with no takers on the horison. :rolleyes:

fact 2. its a dump.

Best this remax lot stick to trying to sell properties as they aint any good at the rental market :lol:

http://www.remax-scotland.com/PublicListin...c31&Index=5

still not rented yet, i got a big tiling job so im busy now saving pennies for deposit. :blink:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well if this is the thread to bash letting agents please can I poke a mob call e-p-m in the eye with a sharp stick. :angry:

6 months ago I made the huge mistake of giving their web site my email. 1 month later I try to remove myself from the list since I no longer need their into.

Since then a regular deluge of emails. Spamming b@stards. I repeatedly follow the instructions to be removed from the list. No difference.

3 months ago I phone them and speak to a nice sounding lass who apologises profusely and faithfully promises that I will be removed from their lists. No difference.

So today I report them to the information commissioner. Probably too small a fish for them to bother about but it made me feel relaxed for a few seconds. B)

HOLA4414
Well if this is the thread to bash letting agents please can I poke a mob call e-p-m in the eye with a sharp stick. :angry:

6 months ago I made the huge mistake of giving their web site my email. 1 month later I try to remove myself from the list since I no longer need their into.

Since then a regular deluge of emails. Spamming b@stards. I repeatedly follow the instructions to be removed from the list. No difference.

3 months ago I phone them and speak to a nice sounding lass who apologises profusely and faithfully promises that I will be removed from their lists. No difference.

So today I report them to the information commissioner. Probably too small a fish for them to bother about but it made me feel relaxed for a few seconds. B)

I Had same experience and thats what got my goat up, they still have not removed me from there list either, anyway i have discovered something fishy is going on at that branch here is my findings.

http://floridamoves.com/agentoffice/agentd...spx?agent=82035

I Have had difficulty trying to speak to the owner of this branch for ages as i want removed from there pathetic list, i noted his picture was removed from his site a while ago.

http://www.remax-scotland.com/AgentProfile...gentID=71291004

Now i am not 100% but this bloke with the same name who has a remarkable resemblence to him has appeared on a site in USA.

I Have also noted his Edinburgh web page has went from over 30 properties 2 only 2 left in a few months, has he done a bunk ?

HOLA4415

How many other business owners have been driven away from Leith Walk by the tram works? I've not been there in yonks, but you seem to be around there a lot; perhaps you can tell us?

I don't know if the American operation is bigger/better or similar, but on the face of it, it looks like nothing more than "career progression" .... but you'd probably disagree.

HOLA4416
How many other business owners have been driven away from Leith Walk by the tram works? I've not been there in yonks, but you seem to be around there a lot; perhaps you can tell us?

I don't know if the American operation is bigger/better or similar, but on the face of it, it looks like nothing more than "career progression" .... but you'd probably disagree.

Fair point in reference to the Tram works, and as for career progression another fair point, hpc in USA Has been a 75% drop from peak bubble prices, so it would be fair to say it should be easier to flog houses over there than over here.

Its more likely the 5 year franchise is coming to an end i guess, and not much point in throwing another 25k at that business right now.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
So is the flat that started this thread now being marketed by another in the same office...... ???

No its still on this Mysterious John Kennedys web page, although his picture has been removed, i was told he was on holiday when i last enquired, its dropped to 425, but its a dump and not worth that much rent.

http://www.remax-scotland.com/AgentProfile...gentID=71291004

I Have been trying to solve this mystery by looking for other articles about this branch on the web to see if there is a picture that matches, from memory i am 80% sure it is him, a friend has told me it is strictly against remax policy to work for another firm whilst being a remax office owner.

I Stumbled on this.

http://forums.gumtree.com/about174638-0-asc-0.html

And This. http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_headli...-name_page.html

I May be wrong with this one but it does look like the bloke, that has just sprung up in this web page in Florida ?

http://floridamoves.com/agentoffice/agentd...spx?agent=82035

Edited by thecrutchster

HOLA4421
HOLA4422