House Price Crash Forum

Fp Versus Stephen Nolan - 25min Radio Interview Yesterday Morning

MOP

HOLA441

Great entertainment if you have half an hour to spare.

This interview gets very heated when Mervin the Property Developer rings in ! :lol:

You can hear it here :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/nolan/

Just scroll down a bit to:

Nolan: Have House Prices really dropped by 50% since 2007 How do we really know since no one is buying? Tuesday 24th February 2009

Then click download episode.

HOLA442

Nolan just sounds like a whingeing child who refuses to accept the pary is OVER.

Sorry Stephen, theres no more jelly, its time to go home.

Oh look, now youve pissed yourself.......

Edit to add. Merve is hilarious. Wish there was a way of finding out what hes flogging over there.

100% UNADULTERATED DENIAL.

Edited by shindigger

HOLA443
Nolan just sounds like a whingeing child who refuses to accept the pary is OVER.

Sorry Stephen, theres no more jelly, its time to go home.

Oh look, now youve pissed yourself.......

Edit to add. Merve is hilarious. Wish there was a way of finding out what hes flogging over there.

100% UNADULTERATED DENIAL.

FP says here that house prices are down 40% with a further 30% to go !!!!! That would be a cataclysmic collapse !!!!!

:blink:

HOLA444
FP says here that house prices are down 40% with a further 30% to go !!!!! That would be a cataclysmic collapse !!!!!

The point is he was right last year when he said they would fall 40%, even that developer said he had reduced his prices by 35%, I bet when he heard FP say there's another 30% to go, he shit himself. :lol:

HOLA445
HOLA446
The point is he was right last year when he said they would fall 40%, even that developer said he had reduced his prices by 35%, I bet when he heard FP say there's another 30% to go, he shit himself. :lol:

I think Mervin was the guy who rang into the Nolan tv show a couple of months back and had a go at FP. Someone posted the iplayer on here. He was basically inferring that prices had fallen because people like FP had talked the market down in 2007. :lol:

HOLA447
I think Mervin was the guy who rang into the Nolan tv show a couple of months back and had a go at FP. Someone posted the iplayer on here. He was basically inferring that prices had fallen because people like FP had talked the market down in 2007. :lol:

Its all FP's fault, That rat b@st@rd.

Why dont they leave our house prices alone....

HOLA448

The developer then has the brass neck to claim that FP just pulls percentages out of thin air !

HOLA449
HOLA4410

He might have been talking specifically about NI, in which case those figures might not be far off.

But I don't know because I can't seem to download that programme. The last time FP was on with Nolan they were discussing NI prices.

Well that's just daft, are you sure you heard it right? Prices are down what, 17-20% from peak depending on the indice?
Edited by waitingscot

HOLA4411
Well that's just daft, are you sure you heard it right? Prices are down what, 17-20% from peak depending on the indice?

I had a look there and market oracle has them down 35% from peak as of Dec 2008:

While average house prices as of December 2008 are down 20%, in terms of price crash experience Northern Ireland tops the list at 35%.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article8926.html

uk_house_prices_regional_trend_dec08.gif

FP had predicted 40% through 2008. Not far off.

post-16847-1235584831_thumb.png

Edited by Master Of Puppets

HOLA4412

This was on radio ulster yesterday , the figures are for Northern Ireland. We've got the best crash, you guys aren't really trying ;)

FP was laughed off Nolan's tv show when he called the crash in 2007. He's a regular on both Nolan's tv and radio show with a large dose of "told you so" .

HOLA4413
This was on radio ulster yesterday , the figures are for Northern Ireland. We've got the best crash, you guys aren't really trying ;)

FP was laughed off Nolan's tv show when he called the crash in 2007. He's a regular on both Nolan's tv and radio show with a large dose of "told you so" .

I don't think any country in the world can top the speed and severity of the Northern Ireland HPC.

Especially if FP's 70% drop comes to pass.

:ph34r:

HOLA4414
He might have been talking specifically about NI, in which case those figures might not be far off.

But I don't know because I can't seem to download that programme. The last time FP was on with Nolan they were discussing NI prices.

You need to right click on download, then save target as. That will save the mp3.

HOLA4415