House Price Crash Forum

Oil Investment

OzzMosiz

HOLA441

Actually one explorer did for me today, well it seemed rude not to:

23 Apr 2012 SELL BPC LSE 25063 8.55 2132.89

23 Apr 2012 BUY BPC LSE 25063 7.94 2000.00.

LOL I bought some BPC on Friday and sold it for a quick 5% profit on Friday too. Was kicking myself this morning when I saw it hit 9p :)

Well done :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

No worries it's a rumour apparently according to the RNS today.

When it dipped to 183p I actually put a buy order in for 177p incase they took it further, it didn't and wasn't filled.

I was pretty sure that rumour of a placement was BS, and the company confirmed it. I think we will start to get some good news flow in the next week onwards.

I think SH5/6 should be completed by now. So news not far off and it was good to see the company mentioned several "BIDDERS" for AB

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443

Who knows. They have so much oil, I doubt they will be left to go it alone. Maybe they are waiting to see if the zones are all interconnected as one "sea of oil" - if it is, it's going to be one of the biggest finds ever.

Mmmm theres no doubt about the amount of Oil but where is the bid? :unsure:

Ä° shall buy just in front of the gap 1.70 ish if it gets down there ie Ä°ll get my limit order in.

GL.

Limit buys on CEY and CHAR much lower than current places.

Edited by OzzMosiz

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA444

bulltradept,

That is a possibility, but this is one of the biggest finds in the last 30 years. Can you really see an oil major not trying to acquire it?

What if GKP prove up more oil, any oil major may have to pay a lot LOT more.

Of course GKP may decide to try and go it alone, they will need to raise funds for this, but imaging the market cap if they do.

They are currently valued at around £1.5billion. I could see it being 30 times that!

HOLA445
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA446

ive got genel energy. month or so ago now for 600. just 1.9k worth, but im quite excited about this area.

genel is right up the **** of the kurdish and turkish governments, thats going to be important in this region. they have done a deal to supply the kurds for their domestic use at a discount price. so i believe they are well placed for any future licence rounds ect.

HOLA447

All good fun on the AIM oiler market this last few weeks. Makes me glad I'm a long term investor.

When I started out I was doing hundreds of trades a year and losing money. Last financial year I traded <20 times making best ever profits by disposing of assets held for over a year, will hope to do better this year with even fewer trades.

I'm in GKP and yes can see it going lower but am not budging.

Good luck to those of you who can play it though, anyone fancy a ride on the XEL roller coaster this morning? :)

HOLA448
HOLA449

I do take your points which you make above. However, given all the uncertainty can people really be long term holders with the current world situation, honestly?

Unfortunately all AIM Oilers and some of those not on AIM, have taken a beating and some would suggest they've been in a bear market for several years!

If Oil does floor then surely they are all going to be cheaper including, dare I say it, your GKP? :unsure:

Yes. But strangely enough, the world keeps turning. Stock markets are wonderful in that the boom bust exuberance panic cycles are quicker in turnaround and are therefore more obvious and fun unlike the housing market.

My strength is investing on fundamentals and taking profit in portions when the time is right, whilst keeping some cash ready to buy when things become ridiculously cheap (ie blood on the streets). My weakness is when I try to trade, or trade too often, or get emotionally involved and staying in too long, or don't keep any cash aside for opportunities.

With respect to the market today, I am increasingly convinced that we will see the mother of all QE with some effect on stocks. I am hoping that GKP will be bought out by the time the effect of this wanes away.

Well done on trading without L2, I just cannot see how to do it otherwise.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well, completely my fault the risk v reward was there, although perhaps I was looking for more, i.e. I readjusted my buy to £1.30, which, upon reflection was greedy, given how far it had come and at £1.40 it was getting close to a buy, obvious now. <_<

I've got level II (for a month, a free trial), but TBF, I think I'll stick with my own (considered buy points), as I'm not sure I can really use it properly. :rolleyes:

Heh, good ol greed eh? I guess that's the main reason I don't trade - I will lose to my emotions, whereas as a fundamental investor I can take the time to make considered decisions and hopefully suppress emotional clouding.

Still a stonking buy though on a fundamental basis. My average is 200ish, and I am feeling very relaxed about it.

HOLA4414

ive got genel energy. month or so ago now for 600. just 1.9k worth, but im quite excited about this area.

genel is right up the **** of the kurdish and turkish governments, thats going to be important in this region. they have done a deal to supply the kurds for their domestic use at a discount price. so i believe they are well placed for any future licence rounds ect.

Forgot to add, this is a great strategy for exposure to Kurdistan. They already produce significantly, which is good for cash flow, and the Man knows his stuff, is respected and well connected. Ideal strengths for a booming oil frontier region.

HOLA4415

You are right, but a market's a market. I still think it will drift below £2.00 again I'll just have to wait.

I think it depends firstly on the Oil Price, secondly on whether Todd can placate the bigger investors and, of course how the Iraq Kurdish situation turns out.

From a chart pov A very quick price rise is viewed (usually) as not sustainable, that's from a historic POV but of course now if there's that fabled T/O GKP investors are prey for.... ;)

Agreed mate.

I took a profit from the last rise - just under a grand. Then because the price didn't fall back substantially, bought a small holding again. Only 3.5 K.

Difficult to read this one...AGM in 2 weeks. If it falls by 5% Monday, then I'm gonna sell. We could well see a re-trace to 180 or below.

Off topic but....Sound OIL looks good for a quick 30%. There's two bits of news coming and, despite heavy selling, the MM's are keeping the offer at 1p. i've lost a fair bit on this share, so bought 250000 hoping to get my money back!

The important thing to remember is pi's are at a big disadvantage compared to the institutions. They have 10 minutes to buy and sell, outside us pi's. The shares get ramped up and down the stairs - take your profits. And ignore all the crap on the BB's. :)

HOLA4416

That is so right.

I think I've let myself be swayed before, instead of just looking at the bloody chart and the indicators.

I'm going to change that from here on in, (hopefully).

Well done on the banked profit. I hope to join you next time.

Yep - I listened too much to the crap on those BB's and lost money on the AIM. It took me a year to really understand how the system works.

Institutions have a 10 minute advantage to buy big volumes of shares at a discounted prices after the market close. These are the late trades.They consider the shares like bog-rolls, and negotiate hard on the price, only to sell them on. They also know exactly what's going to happen with the news flows about their purchases. (Insider dealing) If the shares move up, they dump them, if they move down, they've shorted them, and dump them as well. They have a win-win situation compared to the pi's.

The pi's hold and wait and wait and ramp each other up on the BB's. The BB's have no impact on the share price; they are spunked up and down by the institutions.

80% of investors make a loss on AIM. 10% make money. The other 10% break even.

The only way to make money - imo - is to watch shares and wait with cash. The mm's will push down the price and pi's panic and sell. Then the price is pushed up to the next resistance level. Buy at the low and take a profit, before the profit bleeds away. And use every available data to your advantage, such as charting. But ignore the BB's - it's all crap. :)

That's why I've bought back into sound. The charts suggest a resistance at 1.36p, so 30% might be possible in the next week. But it all depends on the two expected RNS' being ok. There first is well over-due and pi's are starting to panic and sell. But, the share will jump up and down within the day, so you need to set a stop loss etc.

Don't go near AIM unless you're prepared to lose your money.

HOLA4417

I topped up at 154.5 only 1100 shares. Was then away on training all last week and was monitoring from my phone. Nice to see it rise up.

£1.40 was definitely under weight.

Looks like the Excalibur court case is going GKP's way, they have to reveal their financial backers in the next 2 weeks. Could it be an oil firm or a hedge fund who have been trading the s**t out of them? Looking forward to the reveal!

HOLA4418

I topped up at 154.5 only 1100 shares. Was then away on training all last week and was monitoring from my phone. Nice to see it rise up.

£1.40 was definitely under weight.

Looks like the Excalibur court case is going GKP's way, they have to reveal their financial backers in the next 2 weeks. Could it be an oil firm or a hedge fund who have been trading the s**t out of them? Looking forward to the reveal!

Agreed mate..

Not sure why excalibur have asked for 4 weeks. It might well be that the case collapses. I then hope gkp counter sue. If the case gets thrown out, we may see a price increase.

Excalibur is made up of 2 brothers.....simple as that! They had no experience in oil exploration and no funds to carry out development. Looks like they have a weak case. They asked for GKP assets to be frozen, but that failed. As for the backers? It's going to be really interesting if they come out of the woodwork. As you suggest, this could be a hedge fund or competitor or baghdad !

Well done for buying in at 155. I thought it was a screaming buy at 140. But we could see another retrace. This is the Wild West. B)

ps I know one guy who bought at 4, 7 and 9p. he sold the lot at 400p plus. He's joined millionaires row.

• 9 months later...
HOLA4419

Well, it's dragging on this court case. Only another 1-2 months left before a decision is made. The stock price has slipped in recent months, but a route to market for the oil is looking good. Seems we may be pumping upto 40K a day of oil to Turkey by July. Roll on.

HOLA4420
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4422
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4423

Interesting read this. I managed to get out of Royal Mail at 485p which I was pretty pleased with, so I had my £340 profit sat in my ISA. I had been tempted to get some BPC shares as a punt about 4 years ago, but didn't go ahead in the end as at the time I didn't have a pot to piss in. I was a bit gutted when they ran up to 24p. Now back at about 4.5p, so I bought £500 worth today just for the fun of it really, and because I enjoyed the financial advice of one 'jmann':

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?ShareTicker=BPC

check out his post made at 05:36 Wednesday 16/10/13 (as I post this it's at the bottom of page 3). Wonder if he's been smoking a little of the local produce... :lol:

• 1 month later...
HOLA4424
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4425