House Price Crash Forum

Sales Volumes In Norfolk On The Up?

notnow

HOLA441

I tend to watch land registry figures for sales volume, which lag by 3 months (why?) . I wonder if there is a trend now?

Norfolk lost 36% of sales in May 2008 post apocalypse, compared to May 2007. From 2009 to 2012 similarly the lost sales are 46%, 43%, 45%, and 41%. All very steady and the lack of buyers showed in the stuck market. Less demand equals lower prices...

However..... This year the same sales volume figure is "only" 25% down on pre 2008 figures. Its a sudden gain of around 350 sales out of 700 needed to recover sales to "normal" pre 2008 figures. All down to the various Gov't attempts to lift the market I guess.

The next few months will show if its a blip. Broadland certainly has seen an increase in sold signs , although the stupidly overpriced and sadly unloved are still sticking very badly.

HOLA442

I tend to watch land registry figures for sales volume, which lag by 3 months (why?) . I wonder if there is a trend now?

Norfolk lost 36% of sales in May 2008 post apocalypse, compared to May 2007. From 2009 to 2012 similarly the lost sales are 46%, 43%, 45%, and 41%. All very steady and the lack of buyers showed in the stuck market. Less demand equals lower prices...

However..... This year the same sales volume figure is "only" 25% down on pre 2008 figures. Its a sudden gain of around 350 sales out of 700 needed to recover sales to "normal" pre 2008 figures. All down to the various Gov't attempts to lift the market I guess.

The next few months will show if its a blip. Broadland certainly has seen an increase in sold signs , although the stupidly overpriced and sadly unloved are still sticking very badly.

Anyone could have predicted an uplift in sales/prices this year with the governments £80Billion low interest rate sub-prime loasn and their Help For Banks scheme gifting new build companies 10's of thousands so they will built and sell to idiots.

This was always going to have an effect on sales volumes too.

Is it sustainable ?

In a word....No.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere