House Price Crash Forum

You Could Not Make It Up!

Rock-n-Roll

HOLA441
HOLA442
well could you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7673248.stm

if it wasnt our taxpayers money you could laugh!

"The commission said the deposits were in "full compliance" with their guidelines "on prudent investment".

this quote says it all :lol::lol:

i think we'll see alot more of the excuse " i was only obeying orders " , so often used by war criminals , camp guards , bankers etc ;)

HOLA443
"The commission said the deposits were in "full compliance" with their guidelines "on prudent investment".

this quote says it all :lol::lol:

i think we'll see alot more of the excuse " i was only obeying orders " , so often used by war criminals , camp guards , bankers etc ;)

I have seen it all now. I dont think the audit commission will be able to pass comment about the councils squirrelling away money, when they have been caught with their pants down. Who the hell was advising these people?? They obviously wasted their time at finance school.

Local services are being cut back, the roads are falling apart, and some councils are now turning off street lights to save money. Now it emerges there was 858mill at risk in the icelandic banks alone. Where is the rest of our money? I think council autonomy has gone way beyond what benefits local people.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
wtf did they have 10 million sitting doing nothing for????

I agree, Subby, why do all these councils and organisations have millions in banks? Councils should stick to what they're crap at, not hiding away our money

Edited by Vespasian

HOLA447