House Price Crash Forum

2 Anecdotes - I Know We All Like Them

HOLA441

ANECDOTE 1

You may have recalled me mention my friends' house in Romford on here over

the last few months.

First valued last early last summer at £350,000, so far has dropped to £299,000 still no takers. Nice house, well decorated in a nice area. Been on market nearly 9 months now.

Funny I rememeber her telling me last summer "House Prices will never fall"

looks like she was right then!!!!

ANECDOTE 2

A really lovely lady I work with has decided to sell her flat (it is on 1st floor and she needs ground floor due to health reasons)

She had it valued last summer when she was considering selling, it was valued at

£137,000. She had it valued yesterday, guess what ?"!!!

Yes you guessed it, it has gone down , now valued at £115,000.

Funny thing was the EA told her it will sell really quickly as it is an ideal FTB property. We shall see shall we ! I will of course keep you posted!

I asked her what she would do if EA wants to drop price, she said she is not bothered as will offer less for her next property, sensible Lady, shame there are not a few more like her around!! B)

HOLA442
ANECDOTE 1

You may have recalled me mention my friends' house in Romford on here over

the last few months. 

First valued last early last summer at £350,000, so far has dropped to £299,000 still no takers.  Nice house, well decorated in a nice area. Been on market nearly 9 months now.

Funny I rememeber  her telling me last summer "House Prices will never fall"

looks like she was right then!!!!

What is your friend's excuse for it not selling? What does she plan to do?

HOLA443
What is your friend's excuse for it not selling? What does she plan to do?

She cannot understand why it hasn't sold.

I have reminded her of what she said to me last year, she gets quite stroppy and says she won't drop the price any more as "I can't afford to " she also said how it is making her really depressed and her husband is nearly suicidal over it!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT !!! , so I said "At least youve got a bloody home, lots of people in this country cannot afford to even buy a shed to live in".

Her husband is some big shot in the city and she even told me how they cannot keep staff in his company as no-one cannot afford to live in town, or they have to commute in from miles away which is also expense.

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP COULD YOU !!!

HOLA444
HOLA445