House Price Crash Forum

Liar Loans - 20% Of The Market?

HOLA441

Eric is doing a great job updating us on general importance of Liar Loans and so I guess that the majority here do not need a formal proof of the magnitude of the problem. However, it might be of an interest that a very recent academic paper (Keys, Benjamin J., Mukherjee, Tanmoy K., Seru, Amit and Vig, Vikrant,Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans(April 2008). Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1093137) estimates that securitization may have led to a 20% rise in delinquencies of "low documentation" loans in the US (even prior to credit crunch!!).

HOLA442
Eric is doing a great job updating us on general importance of Liar Loans and so I guess that the majority here do not need a formal proof of the magnitude of the problem. However, it might be of an interest that a very recent academic paper (Keys, Benjamin J., Mukherjee, Tanmoy K., Seru, Amit and Vig, Vikrant,Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans(April 2008). Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1093137) estimates that securitization may have led to a 20% rise in delinquencies of "low documentation" loans in the US (even prior to credit crunch!!).

Yer well............ Who can say the extent of the problem of Liar Loans in the UK --- BUT ---- WHEREVER someone bought a property in the UK with a Liar Loan -- ALL THE PROPERTIES AROUND WERE AFFECTED - THE "PRICES" WENT UP TO MATCH ---- THUS --- THIS IS THE REAL EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE OF LIAR LOANS -IT AFFECTED THE ENTIRE COUNTRY FROM END TO END....

i.e. IT AFFECTED EVERYONE AND EVERYWHERE!!!

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA443
Guest barebear
Yer well............ Who can say the extent of the problem of Liar Loans in the UK --- BUT ---- WHEREVER someone bought a property in the UK with a Liar Loan -- ALL THE PROPERTIES AROUND WERE AFFECTED - THE "PRICES" WENT UP TO MATCH ---- THUS --- THIS IS THE REAL EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE OF LIAR LOANS --

I agree with Eric.

HOLA444
Yer well............ Who can say the extent of the problem of Liar Loans in the UK --- BUT ---- WHEREVER someone bought a property in the UK with a Liar Loan -- ALL THE PROPERTIES AROUND WERE AFFECTED - THE "PRICES" WENT UP TO MATCH ---- THUS --- THIS IS THE REAL EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE OF LIAR LOANS -IT AFFECTED THE ENTIRE COUNTRY FROM END TO END....

Hi Mr Pebble... I would be interested to learn your thoughts regarding 'Non Recourse Loans' which, I am lead to understand, are the norm in N America?

HOLA445