House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Caption Writers

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

HOLA441
Guest AuntJess

I was watching a news item this morning, about oil and the rising prices etc. A caption appeared which read " Fat prophets...." :o

"Fat PROPHETS" ...don't they mean fat 'PROFITS'?? :blink:

You just can't get the help these days. :(

HOLA442
I was watching a news item this morning, about oil and the rising prices etc. A caption appeared which read " Fat prophets...." :o

"Fat PROPHETS" ...don't they mean fat 'PROFITS'?? :blink:

You just can't get the help these days. :(

Dude, the caption clearly refered to the analyst's employer. They could be called MizPelt or EyeLiturit or any such name. You only had to google FFS.

I'm more interested in the lack of aptitude displayed in the various forms of the story about a Jersey nightclub that wouldn't allow in a big bossomed girl because she was too fat. Even the Mirror is running with the rather pedestrian headline "Jersey nightclub bans girls for being 'too fat'". Now there's your talent shortage. Whatever happend to editorial staff who would immediately pen: "Knockers too big for Jersey"?

HOLA443
Guest AuntJess
Dude, the caption clearly refered to the analyst's employer. They could be called MizPelt or EyeLiturit or any such name. You only had to google FFS.

I'm more interested in the lack of aptitude displayed in the various forms of the story about a Jersey nightclub that wouldn't allow in a big bossomed girl because she was too fat. Even the Mirror is running with the rather pedestrian headline "Jersey nightclub bans girls for being 'too fat'". Now there's your talent shortage. Whatever happened to editorial staff who would immediately pen: "Knockers too big for Jersey"?

Ha-ha-ha!

I only had to google "FFS"? :blink: Why? I already know what that stands for! :P;)

So OK I did not know an idiomatic phrase or two, but the caption writers ARE dreadful spellers. That example was one which stood out...Now I know why. :unsure:

HOLA444

Archived