House Price Crash Forum

New From The West Midlands

HOLA441

OAP Private home being developed in Telford Shropshire has laid all workers off and the site has gone into receivership Half built.

Been working in Wolverhampton for the past 7 months and the new build flats near Banks brewery have gone from 129K down to 115K and this morning a new banner: Flats from 59K special arrangments apply (shared ownership i am presuming)

If people with good credit histories and 10 to 15K deposits cant get home lonas, how long before these apartments are in receivership?

I have never seen the economy implode so quickly!

HOLA442
Been working in Wolverhampton for the past 7 months and the new build flats near Banks brewery have gone from 129K down to 115K ...

Very interesting, smiffy. I'm looking at buying a crash pad (geez, I've never used that term before, bleedin' Locationx3) in Wolves when the flat prices collapse. They're building absolutely shedloads & they've been quite massively overpriced given demand, location & oversupply.

I reckon I'll get a nice 1-bedder for not much more than £50k cash next year.

HOLA443
Guest tbatst2000
I have never seen the economy implode so quickly!

Really - does the 1967 relate to when you were born or something else? Either way, the collapse in 1989-90 was extremely quick. Yuppies with kipper ties and mobiles the size of bricks one day, Poundstretcher and 'students + UB40 half price' signs everywhere the next.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Really - does the 1967 relate to when you were born or something else? Either way, the collapse in 1989-90 was extremely quick. Yuppies with kipper ties and mobiles the size of bricks one day, Poundstretcher and 'students + UB40 half price' signs everywhere the next.

Year of Birth and i have never seen so much turmoil happen so quickly, was in the states 1989-1991 came back in 1992 and slipped into job at the tail end of J majors back to basics lunacy

HOLA446
Guest tbatst2000
Year of Birth and i have never seen so much turmoil happen so quickly, was in the states 1989-1991 came back in 1992 and slipped into job at the tail end of J majors back to basics lunacy

Fair enough, you missed the worst of it in that case. I still remember the Baxter Basics Viz character with great affection, they've never managed to capture the awfulness of Blair and his crew in quite the same way sadly.