House Price Crash Forum

Numerous "for Sale" Signs Suddenly Appearing In Se England!

HOLA441

You can smell the fear in the housing market! I live in SE UK, and I've never seen so many "For Sale" signs appearing in a two month period! A few of my neighbours are trying to sell their properties for ridiculous prices, and they are well and truly STAYING put :lol:. They've missed the boat! Virtually nobody has the urge to buy property. There are other signs of trouble in my area:

1) A large (and very famous) estate agency closed its local office recently. No, they weren't relocating!

2) A village shop closed last year, and has been "on the market" since August ....

3) I spoke to a chartered surveyor who is based in Kent. He said that the number of surveys has dropped off dramatically since October '07.

I can't wait to see prices crash. One of my friends is 38, and lives in Bristol. He earns £35,000pa, BUT .... he can only afford a crappy 2-bedroom flat in a ROUGH part of the city (£250,000!!!!!). Some people have been working in the public sector for decades, have reached the peak of their earnings, and cannot afford to buy a house!

Over the past five years, this country has become ludicrously obsessed with house prices. The BBC, ITV, and Channel 4 are all guilty of perpetuating the house price obsession. Let's be honest - a £250,000 house is probably worth £100,000 in REAL money, and not this inflated cloud-cuckoo-land currency that the housing market uses :blink:

HOLA442
HOLA443
Hello, Mods

Can someone move this to the "Anecdotals" forum? ;)

Thanks

No-one will read it there. I like the fact that it's here 'cos it's the only place I have time to look. Anecdotals is a mistake. IMO.

Actually, today I went into an EA and mentioned the anecdotals forum and he said.... rest of sentence is in anecdotals.

See? Not going to look are you?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447