House Price Crash Forum

Re: Your Requested Copy Of What Mortgage Is Ready For You To Collect

HOLA441

dear mr xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for requesting the latest issue of What Mortgage magazine, which you can access by clicking here

To subscribe to the next three issue of What Mortgage magazine for just £8.15 click here

Looking for the right mortgage? Let someone else do the hard work for you...more info

Regards

Editor

Nia Williams

in my mail box

i never asked them for this at all, nothing of the sort, talk about getting desperate.And where the heck did they get my name i hope it wasint from this site

better not be

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Bart of Darkness
dear mr xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for requesting the latest issue of What Mortgage magazine, which you can access by clicking here

To subscribe to the next three issue of What Mortgage magazine for just £8.15 click here

Looking for the right mortgage? Let someone else do the hard work for you...more info

Regards

Editor

Nia Williams

in my mail box

i never asked them for this at all, nothing of the sort, talk about getting desperate.And where the heck did they get my name i hope it wasint from this site

better not be

Try the Mail Protection Service. After registering you only get mail from companies you've dealt with in the past. So if you bank with Barclays, they are entitled to send you invitations to sign up for loans, credit cards etc. But HSBC, Nat West etc. are not.

If they do you can threaten them with the Data Protection Act.

You still get junk mail address to "The Occupier" alas, plus the usual gumpf from the local Pizza place, delivered by barely sentient teen troglodytes.

It takes about a month to have full effect, then after about three months you should be getting nothing that doesn't fit into the above categories. If you do, complain to the MPS. I did it with Barclays. Very satisfying.

HOLA444
HOLA445
There is a form available from the post office to stop those as well. They make you download it, print it, then take it to the Post Office though.

VMR.

Only yesterday I got a bit junk mail through from from Inside track advertising courses -must be some kind of last hurrah. I am only about 20 miles from where the very final course will be held. I wonder if they will snooker any idiots on the final seminar?

That said they are still advertising on the radio. Maybe it was a fully paid up contract and the advertiser is just running them.

Edited by mikelivingstone

HOLA446
HOLA447
Try the Mail Protection Service. After registering you only get mail from companies you've dealt with in the past. So if you bank with Barclays, they are entitled to send you invitations to sign up for loans, credit cards etc. But HSBC, Nat West etc. are not.

If they do you can threaten them with the Data Protection Act.

You still get junk mail address to "The Occupier" alas, plus the usual gumpf from the local Pizza place, delivered by barely sentient teen troglodytes.

It takes about a month to have full effect, then after about three months you should be getting nothing that doesn't fit into the above categories. If you do, complain to the MPS. I did it with Barclays. Very satisfying.

Also the Telephone Preference Service

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

does the same for coldcalling from double glazing salesmen etc. Gives you the satisfaction of being able to chew bits out of them immediately if they DO call you (ask for the supervisor, though - it's not the fault of the chicken who originally talks to you)

Doesn't work for American cos telling you you won a holiday, though, or any other overseas-originated calls. Or BT itself!!