House Price Crash Forum

Liverpool Is Screwed

BoomBoom

HOLA441

http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/jobs/advert?adI...=500&page=3

This is a fairly average non graduate job in Liverpool. You'll note that they want a hell of a lot for the poverty wages on offer. Despite a decline in real jobs paying decent wages the price of housing continues to increase, and rent are on the rise too. The way things are going to capital of culture nonsense will clash with huge riots on the streets.

HOLA442
http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/jobs/advert?adI...=500&page=3

This is a fairly average non graduate job in Liverpool. You'll note that they want a hell of a lot for the poverty wages on offer. Despite a decline in real jobs paying decent wages the price of housing continues to increase, and rent are on the rise too. The way things are going to capital of culture nonsense will clash with huge riots on the streets.

d'a know that's weird, we got the local rag today and I looked at the property prices; shook head, laughed etc...A few pages on is the recruitment section. Honestly I don't think wages have altered on Merseyside in the 10ish years I've been here. Mainly council jobs, or working for Trinity Mirror all paying weird (very low) salaries, not rounded up to 20K but £17,537 blah blah. The volume and quality of jobs on offer is crap.

What was even worse for me today was that I had to drop of signed contracts at my 'cheap-end' solictors in B-head, popped into the local subway for 'sub of the day' + cookie and coffee :P and sat in the window watching the world go by. Fukc me it's planet of the apes/mad max out there. If I had a clicker counter for just about every casualty of our miracle society that passed me it would have reached its max inside 10 minutes. At least a bit of humour accompanied it guy in mobility scooter going round and round in circles whilst ranting, blowing his kiddies windmill and a can of strongbow in one hand. Perhaps he's just sold to rent :D

HOLA443

That's why I'm glad I'm leaving, Liverpool is a total dump. What jobs there are don't pay enough to do anything beyond rent some grotty bedsit. Everyone seems to just about get by because they have some involvement with the black market economy. If thy all played it straight they'd be bankrupt.

HOLA444
HOLA445

At least there's a degree of community spirit in the 'pool (at least compared with Chester which it was my misfortune to live for 3 years).

Poor chap stabbed near Chester station - left there for an hour. Loads of buggers just stepped over him and the taxi drivers wouldn't have in their cabs because of the blood. Contrast with Liverpool where someone was wandering around a bit dazed after being robbed - within 5 minutes there was a small group of people around him offering some money to get home and giving directions to the police station.

Got to the point where I would only go out in Liverpool to avoid the baying hyenas that were shopping in their Sunday best for more yet clothes or filling the crap pubs on race day in Chester.

Edited by greencat