House Price Crash Forum

Halifax

HOLA441

I opened a Halifax current account based on the promise of a £100 bonus on payment of £1000+ monthly into the account, which is what I've been doing for several months.

On contacting customer services to query the late payment of the £100, I was informed that because I had cancelled the Halfax-organised transfer of direct debits and standing orders from my old account, I wouldn't be eligible for the £100!!

I'd decided to cancel the transfer because it was taking an awful long time, so I did it myself in about 30 minutes.

I've sent a formal letter of complaint, but it's clear that all the HALIFAX wants is your money and they don't give a toss about honouring agreements with customers.

Other BB's have suggested that same thing. AVOID! There are better banks out there (even though they are all out to screw you!)

HOLA442

I switched to the Halifax, and it took about 3months before they even decided to start processing the transfer. The first time I rang, and about a month they said it takes time. The second time they said it was on hold.

They did mess things up a lot, I have no standing orders, or direct debits but they sent a letter listing direct debits where they really meant people I've saved on my account as payees. Have now fully completed, and did think about just switching my salary myself, but thought i'd wait as I might miss out on the £100.

It's now complete, and I'm waiting for my £100 (it takes 3 months). Not happy about the transfer service, but they obviously wanted me to close my Barclays which I won't do. But it's the price I thought was worth paying for the £100. Oh, and the 6.17% interest rate is worth switching to alone.

HOLA443
I opened a Halifax current account based on the promise of a £100 bonus on payment of £1000+ monthly into the account, which is what I've been doing for several months.

On contacting customer services to query the late payment of the £100, I was informed that because I had cancelled the Halfax-organised transfer of direct debits and standing orders from my old account, I wouldn't be eligible for the £100!!

I'd decided to cancel the transfer because it was taking an awful long time, so I did it myself in about 30 minutes.

I've sent a formal letter of complaint, but it's clear that all the HALIFAX wants is your money and they don't give a toss about honouring agreements with customers.

Other BB's have suggested that same thing. AVOID! There are better banks out there (even though they are all out to screw you!)

I switched to the Halifax, and it took about 3months before they even decided to start processing the transfer. The first time I rang, and about a month they said it takes time. The second time they said it was on hold.

They did mess things up a lot, I have no standing orders, or direct debits but they sent a letter listing direct debits where they really meant people I've saved on my account as payees. Have now fully completed, and did think about just switching my salary myself, but thought i'd wait as I might miss out on the £100.

It's now complete, and I'm waiting for my £100 (it takes 3 months). Not happy about the transfer service, but they obviously wanted me to close my Barclays which I won't do. But it's the price I thought was worth paying for the £100. Oh, and the 6.17% interest rate is worth switching to alone.

Halifax are the worst. Look how they waste your money on those relentlessly stupid adverts. Make a complaint about them to the Financial Ombudsman and then ditch them. I did :)