House Price Crash Forum

My Target Area

Norfolk Whinger

HOLA441

This is my first post so please don't shoot me down in flames!

I check rightmove daily (as I have done for the past year) for properties within my target area (10 miles) of a small village in West Norfolk. Today there were 31 new properties listed within the last 24 hrs, 8 of these are new builds - all of them on a price drop - same shoe box, different price...

Also (and sadly out of our price range) two identical houses for sale but with a £61K price difference between them, one vendor obviously more motivated than the other to sell yet both still on the market 6 months later.

Anecdotal and probably b***cks - like I said I am a newcomer so do be kind!

HOLA442
This is my first post so please don't shoot me down in flames!

I check rightmove daily (as I have done for the past year) for properties within my target area (10 miles) of a small village in West Norfolk. Today there were 31 new properties listed within the last 24 hrs, 8 of these are new builds - all of them on a price drop - same shoe box, different price...

Also (and sadly out of our price range) two identical houses for sale but with a £61K price difference between them, one vendor obviously more motivated than the other to sell yet both still on the market 6 months later.

Anecdotal and probably b***cks - like I said I am a newcomer so do be kind!

i've been checking rightmove for my area and properties under £150k and in the last 3 weeks there have been 200 more properties added. not that i am considering buying yet!....just checking!

HOLA443

Welcome Norfolk Whinger! We don't all bite!

I'm in Norwich, and have seen lots of properties sticking on the market for a long time, including New Builds. There's been a lot of speculation about the HIPs effect - maybe the big influx of houses on the market is just starting?

Are the 2 identical houses on the same street? £60k is a BIG difference! If they're both still on the market, then they're both still overpriced...

Check out the House Prices in Your Area section - there's a thread on Norwich/Norfolk, and one on Cambridge, which, if you're West Norfolk, might be more relevant, but they're worth a snoop if you haven't already!