House Price Crash Forum

Renting Is Wasted Money?

Monopoly

HOLA441
Hahaha you lot need the moderators to brand anyone a Troll who doesn't share the same views as you!

What sort of a site is this!? How pathetic can you get?!

You are no better than the other websites who bans anyone with your viewpoint.

As I said before, if you can't take a bit of stick your are fundamentally weak. You all need a father figure.

You whine and bleat about how cruel the world is while you hope for a crash so you can make a killing at the expense of other people's misery

You scum are the worst scum of ALL!!

Ban me mods you ******ing cretins, you'll be doing me a favour anyway i'LL GET MORE WORK DONE RATHER THAN WASTE MY TIME ON HERE DOING UNPAID TYPING.

This site is shit! GCSE economics, links to mainstream news and group hugss.

WHAT IS THE POINT

F.U.C.K OFF YOU MORONS

Lovley :rolleyes:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Couple more points regards renting vs buying

''Owner'' has to fork out for repair bills. My LL has paid over 2k in repair bills since I moved in :lol:

Interest on a mortgage is dead money

Buyer does not ''own'' the house until the mortgage is paid off in full and they have received the deeds to the property

Home owners are in debt unless they have paid the mortgage off

Homeowners are enslaved by the banks until mortgage is paid off in full

Renting for the most part is stress free, whereas homeowners are sh!tting themselves worrying about the next IR rise

Stress levels will double amongst homeowners when crash comes and equity dries up.

You seem to be arguing against property ownership. And that's fine, but why are you here? <_<

And what are your housing plans 25 years from now?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Harrow is the HPI black hole in the country. You can't give houses away there. Yeah right.

STRed 2003 then by any chance?

Is there a land registry graph to show the massive crash that you say has happened there in the last 3 years? Unless just your street has had the crash?

Some parts of Harrow are pretty bad and didn't got better since 2003..maybe that has something to do with it??

HOLA445
HOLA446
glad things have worked out for you, altho bit dissapointed to hear that you wouldn't admit on here to doing anything you later regretted

i regret not buying a good few years ago (pretty much priced out now) and will happily 'fess up to that rather than keep quiet for fear of appearing foolish

do you really think property was over valued by 30 - 40% at 2003 prices?

would require a pretty huge crash of some magnitude to correct that

NO REGRETS , thats on my kids lives each STR situation is differant.

YES i do think property is overvalued by 30-40% even in 2003 , but low interest rates , irresponsible lending and the brainwashing of the public by the VI's have just kept it going , if you want put up a thread of how much people think property is overvalued , many will say 30-40% , i hope it does correct not only for myself but to give people like you the chance to buy your own place using a sensible mortgage . When the last property crash happenend properties went down by MORE than 30% but it took several years to bottom out , IF it crashs again it MAY not take so long .

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Couple more points regards renting vs buying

''Owner'' has to fork out for repair bills. My LL has paid over 2k in repair bills since I moved in :lol:

Interest on a mortgage is dead money

Buyer does not ''own'' the house until the mortgage is paid off in full and they have received the deeds to the property

Home owners are in debt unless they have paid the mortgage off

Homeowners are enslaved by the banks until mortgage is paid off in full

Renting for the most part is stress free, whereas homeowners are sh!tting themselves worrying about the next IR rise

Stress levels will double amongst homeowners when crash comes and equity dries up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4410
Guest X-QUORK
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear, how low can you go...being www's laughter bitch? Silly little troll will be banned shortly after having posted that last diatribe on every thread in the forum.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Hahaha you lot need the moderators to brand anyone a Troll who doesn't share the same views as you!

What sort of a site is this!? How pathetic can you get?!

You are no better than the other websites who bans anyone with your viewpoint.

As I said before, if you can't take a bit of stick your are fundamentally weak. You all need a father figure.

You whine and bleat about how cruel the world is while you hope for a crash so you can make a killing at the expense of other people's misery

You scum are the worst scum of ALL!!

Ban me mods you ******ing cretins, you'll be doing me a favour anyway i'LL GET MORE WORK DONE RATHER THAN WASTE MY TIME ON HERE DOING UNPAID TYPING.

This site is shit! GCSE economics, links to mainstream news and group hugss.

WHAT IS THE POINT

F.U.C.K OFF YOU MORONS

Now thats just going a bit far

A level economics ;)

HOLA4413
You seem to be arguing against property ownership. And that's fine, but why are you here? <_<

And what are your housing plans 25 years from now?

I'm here to support the bears :) and I find this site a good source for articles and reports etc regarding the climate of the economy and the housing market. And it's interesting getting a perspective from a considerable cross section of society from the members on here.

Well I don't know about 25 years from now, however 5 yrs from now I should have a substantial deposit saved up and hopefully the bottom will have dropped out of the market by then which means buying time for me :D

Edited by Lander

HOLA4414
I'm here to support the bears :) and I find this site a good source for articles and reports etc regarding the climate of the economy and the housing market. And it's interesting getting a perspective from a considerable cross section of society from the members on here.

Well I don't know about 25 years from now, however 5 yrs from now I should have a substantial deposit saved up and hopefully the bottom will have dropped out of the market by then which means buying time for me :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4415
Harrow is the HPI black hole in the country. You can't give houses away there. Yeah right.

STRed 2003 then by any chance?

Is there a land registry graph to show the massive crash that you say has happened there in the last 3 years? Unless just your street has had the crash?

Many expensive areas (incuding Harrow), have ups and downs on particular property types.

An increase on an average det property of 150%1 over a three month period is easily achievable. Moreover, a decrease of 40% in the next three month period is also achievable

My area used to be up and down like a yoyo.

When you live in an area like this, you learn to watch the market closely as selling in the wrong month can easily cost you the price of a house.

Oh and yes, a single street can crash.

:rolleyes:

HOLA4416

Fair enough :)

(and my question was rhetorical - obviously up to you where you post)

My point was that arguing against ownership under any circumstances rings a little hollow

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yes, I can quite believe that. But a price crash in a single street would point to some major event, surely? :unsure:

Plan passed for a waste dump next door, motorway fly-over constructed yards from bedroom, etc.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

My point was that arguing against ownership under any circumstances rings a little hollow

Even when the evidence provided strongly suggests that buying atm means taking on massive, dangerous and unsustainable debt that could result in utter financial misery for millions of young people...?

HOLA4424

Even when the evidence provided strongly suggests that buying atm means taking on massive, dangerous and unsustainable debt that could result in utter financial misery for millions of young people...?

Well, no. I can understand an argument against buying today, but not against avoiding ownership at all.

I suspect we're going round in circles. :huh:

HOLA4425
Many expensive areas (incuding Harrow), have ups and downs on particular property types.

An increase on an average det property of 150%1 over a three month period is easily achievable. Moreover, a decrease of 40% in the next three month period is also achievable

My area used to be up and down like a yoyo.

When you live in an area like this, you learn to watch the market closely as selling in the wrong month can easily cost you the price of a house.

Yep couldn't of written it better myself bruvver ;)

2003 = 0%

2004 = started going down

2005 = down a bit more

2006 = now back up to 2003 prices

2007 = ???????????

No crash just a flat market over 3 years , looks like i've hooked another idiot i :rolleyes: in the ohhhh so angry Dagga Dagga who's limited posts read like a worried bull thats caking himself , another comparable is my ex neighbours recently put there house on the market for less than they were asking in 2003 , i don't think they think houses have gone up much in that time , i could go on and on ........