House Price Crash Forum

Excess In The City: On Itv Now

BoomBoom

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I am watching now and me and my wife turned to each other and said: "This feels just like 1986 and 1999 all over again".

You know it cannot last and believe me when the billions of bonus disappear so will the London housing market.

I wish I could have recorded this so I can show my kids in 20 years time so they will really understand what a real bubble looks like.

HOLA444

It maddens me that these talentless *****ers can make more in a day than a ward full of nurses will in a year. Their pathetic attempts to justify what they get because 'we work hard' is laughable' Proximity to the fiat money machine is the only reason they earn what they do.

HOLA445
HOLA446

You know what this is getting pretty boring. I am watching somebody do a table plan for party full of B list celebs.

This is nothing like bonanza that followed the oil boom of the 70s. People really did go mad. As an entree to an infamous party in 70s a couple of oil traders decided to drive landrovers through the plate glass windows of the Grosvenor House hotel and proceed to drive them up the stairs. That the way to kick off a thousand seat party to celebrate a bonus.

Buying houses with your bonus! Come on guys thats what middle aged people do in Tunbridge Wells do. Where is the excess in this? What about booking an entire 747 just to take you and your friends to The Bahamas for the weekend on spec? I don't think I have seen a bottle of champagne over a hundred quid yet!

HOLA447
I am watching now and me and my wife turned to each other and said: "This feels just like 1986 and 1999 all over again".

You know it cannot last and believe me when the billions of bonus disappear so will the London housing market.

I wish I could have recorded this so I can show my kids in 20 years time so they will really understand what a real bubble looks like.

I watched the start, it really is trash television. I never understand the motivation of people who go on programs like this - you look such a tool. That said it reminds me of those clips of 80's yuppy's with giant mobiles... it will all seem a bit silly when the market turns.

HOLA448

I have not seen a single person who actually looks like they are enjoying themselves yet. For goodness sake a picture of City types on mobiles dressed in suit and tie in the South of France. What are they thinking about? If you are going to go to the South of France you may as well stop work for a bit or there is no point in going..

.. and another thing that house in the South of France looked awful. What about buying a chateau for half the price with a vinyard in the Charonte.

These people have absolutely no idea how to 'large it up' at all.