House Price Crash Forum

A Measure Of Sentiment

smiley

HOLA441

Can anyone think of a way of getting the viewing figures for the various 'get rich quick from buying property' programmes? I wonder if there's a clear link between viewing figures and HPI - and perhaps a trend pointing towards the future?

:huh:

HOLA442
HOLA443

Can anyone think of a way of getting the viewing figures for the various 'get rich quick from buying property' programmes? I wonder if there's a clear link between viewing figures and HPI - and perhaps a trend pointing towards the future?

:huh:

I asked exactly the same Q about 3 weeks ago. Someone said that the figures appear to be holding up :angry:

Personally, I'm fed up with all these property/ponzi programmes and the reality TV shows and pray their demise is as swift as their ascent.

HOLA444

I asked exactly the same Q about 3 weeks ago. Someone said that the figures appear to be holding up :angry:

Personally, I'm fed up with all these property/ponzi programmes and the reality TV shows and pray their demise is as swift as their ascent.

yeah, but I've noticed that they are now more prevalent during daytime hours, when most productive folk are at work. This suggests that they are being targeted at/are receiveing most interest from the workshy, students, or the retired.

The same groups who are targeted by the incessant debt consolidation ads.

This would suggest that property development game has worked its way down the "financially sophisticated" scale and is now the playground only of those somewhere near the bottom of that scale. Frankly, this is borne out by my own experience of the people who currently profess an enthusiasm for it - a good proportion of them don't even have jobs!

Just another "get rich quick" scheme for the credulous - that's all we're left with now.