House Price Crash Forum

Perceived Housing Shortage

dog

HOLA441

I say the picture is unclear. We know in yesterdays FT report that there are more nationals emigrating from the UK than any other country except Mexico. 4.5 million UK nationals have emigrated. Also, I am not convinced that divorce leads to more demand - may divorcees co-habit or re-marry within months of a split.

And another thing is that divorcees are looking for one or two bedroom flats, a style and size of property we are told is in surplus due to the recent flat building spree.

HOLA442

And another thing is that divorcees are looking for one or two bedroom flats, a style and size of property we are told is in surplus due to the recent flat building spree.

Indeed. I think there is so much VI spin going on that we become almost numb to statements that are questionable to say the least.

The Government,

the press,

TV advertisers,

porperty programme makers,

the banks,

the building societies,

homeowners (misguidedly),

estate agents,

solicitors,

surveyers,

builders,

DIY stores,

double-glazing companies,

etc. etc

are all pushing out some much misinformation it is difficult to think it all through and sort out the truth from the deception.

We need to be vigilant. :ph34r: