House Price Crash Forum

Rhyl North Wales ?

HOLA441
HOLA442

North Wales in general has been slow to follow the house price growth in close by Merseyside and Cheshire. However, its the past 18 months it caught up quite a bit.

Rhyl, however, is a tip and was once described to me as "the town that stinks of pizz" - take that as you want. To the west end of the town near the fun park and bridge there are plans for a large new development, however, that is some time off, apart from that its got a relatively poor reputation

HOLA443

North Wales in general has been slow to follow the house price growth in close by Merseyside and Cheshire. However, its the past 18 months it caught up quite a bit.

Rhyl, however, is a tip and was once described to me as "the town that stinks of pizz" - take that as you want. To the west end of the town near the fun park and bridge there are plans for a large new development, however, that is some time off, apart from that its got a relatively poor reputation

I was brought up in the Rhyl area,you describe it as a tip which I don,t agree with,what has given Rhyl a bad name and what makes it look a bit scruffy in some parts is the amount of bums from Liverpool,Manchester and Birmingham who go there on holiday and never f*ck off,they have the bright idea that it if they are going to live on the social security they may as well do it in Rhyl rather than in an inner city housing estate surrounded by immigrants from the Commonwealth,problem is they don,t seem to realise that they are about as welcome as the bubonic plague.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

North Wales is beautiful, try looking at Llangollen, Betwys-y-Coed, Abergele, Deganwy, Conwy etc. not to metion Abersoch aka Cheshire on Sea

I agree that Rhyl does have a bad name and acknowledge that its not the locals that has got it that name but those DSSers from England, however, the property prices in North Wales have increased way above those in England over the past 12 months.

HOLA447

North Wales is beautiful, try looking at Llangollen, Betwys-y-Coed, Abergele, Deganwy, Conwy etc. not to metion Abersoch aka Cheshire on Sea

I agree that Rhyl does have a bad name and acknowledge that its not the locals that has got it that name but those DSSers from England, however, the property prices in North Wales have increased way above those in England over the past 12 months.

Any idea how much the prices have gone up?I guess I should have bought 12 months ago.

HOLA448

Any idea how much the prices have gone up?I guess I should have bought 12 months ago.

Check land registry data for the areas you want to look at - I believe the North Wales increase is mainly due to two reasons, firstly it relative affordability and secondly the planning moratorium on new homes across Cheshire which means a lot of overspill into Wrexham, Buckley, Llangollen etc

HOLA449