House Price Crash Forum

Forced Sellers

Guest Winners and Losers

HOLA441
Guest Winners and Losers

OK, it's Australia again (yawn), but there is a lot of talk on here about how people will just stay put and there will not be many forced sellers if the UK market heads south. Therefore, I find this little snippet quite interesting. Personally I think those percentages are quite high for such a small rate hike. I wonder how many UK investors and owners are in it up to the hilt? I bet these people bought at the top of the market. :rolleyes:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...04-1702,00.html

The NEWS.com.au survey also found Australians are sensitive to rise in interest rates - and a rise of 1 percentage point could force many to sell their homes.

If interest rates rose by 1 per cent, over one-quarter of respondents with investment properties, or 27 per cent, said they would be forced to sell them. Of owner occupiers, almost one in five - or 17 per cent - said they would be forced to sell their homes.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Winners and Losers

forced sellers will be made to walk down to electric avenue,

with a good chance they will be asked again to take it higher.

Is it your hour of madness Dead? But it's not even Friday night? :unsure:

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Winners and Losers

i think i need a night nurse.....

i can drink on thursday because i am the boss.

and ill be pretending to have been busy when i get in later tomorrow to service the minions i personaly own for £5.10 ph.

I bet they all hate you. :rolleyes:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

i could live with that.

though i bet it tastes like out of date carnation milk.

how do i go about getting one of these.?

Not sure...

A posh nanny agency? Or a maternity ward?

HOLA4413
Guest Bart of Darkness

i could live with that.

though i bet it tastes like out of date carnation milk.

It's very sweet apparently (so I've been told!)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest Bart of Darkness

Fred, you might have to pay them more than £5.10ph though ;)

Are there any cheaper Polish ones?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

£5.10 per session? I'm sure Fred could drain a breast in 5 minutes.

It's a heck of a premium over a 2 pint carton of semi-skimmed.

I think I feel ill now :wacko:

Am off to bed. Night.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

still. its all very twisted - which i like... B)

perhaps i can fashion my own wetnurse with a failed balloon. st ivel and a warm pot of microwaved flubber...

Have you seen 'Meet the Fockers'?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Ok, this will really finish you guys off. I'm sure you've heard the old "why do men have nipples?" question.

The answer is that it is an emergency food supply for babies in situations where the mother has died in childbirth. Evolution has catered for this situation by allowing men to also produce some breast milk.

If a man's nipples are suitably stimulated he will produce breast milk. Stimulation of the male nipple and areola will cause a nervous impulse to the pituitary gland, which releases a hormone (prolactin) which causes milk production. So DIY Fred, and save your £5.10! :lol:

"The following passages are from Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine by George Gould, M.D. and Walter Pyle, M.D. (1896)

Hunter refers to a man of fifty who shared equally with his wife the suckling of their children. There is an instance of a sailor who, having lost his wife, took his son to his own breast to quiet him, and after three or four days was able to nourish him. Humboldt describes a South American peasant of thirty-two who, when his wife fell sick immediately after delivery, sustained the child with his own milk, which came soon after the application to the breast; for five months the child took no other nourishment. In Franklin's "Voyages to the Polar Seas" he quotes the instance of an old Chippewa who, on losing his wife in childbirth, had put his infant to his breast and earnestly prayed that milk might flow; he was fortunate enough to eventually produce enough milk to rear the child. The left breast, with which he nursed, afterward retained its unusual size.

According to Mehliss some missionaries in Brazil in the sixteenth century asserted that there was a whole Indian nation whose women had small and withered breasts, and whose children owed their nourishment entirely to the males.

Ford mentions the case of a captain who in order to soothe a child's cries put it to his breast, and who subsequently developed a full supply of milk. He also quotes an instance of a man suckling his own children."

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

i think my breat milk, if produced through stimuli, would probably taste of roast beef monster munch.

:lol:

Before anyone claims this is off topic, man-milk is now included in CPI (as a free replacement for cow's milk, therefore helping to keep CPI on target at 2%).

Edited by Smell the Fear

HOLA4424
HOLA4425