House Price Crash Forum

Ftse To Break Through 6,000 Today?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

This could be the big one we have been waiting for? Stock markets around the world crashing as IR surge. LOndon is going down according to the FT. TTRTR--you waited too long--try to get out while you can and cut your losses. Recessions are not good for speculative properties. :o

HOLA445
HOLA446

This is looking quite exciting.

I would not call it a crash with falls of 1 or 2 percent, unless we have a few good days falls at that rate, but the FTSE just went past, what looked like a key support of 5960.

If the market close down 1 or 2 %, the weekend could see folk calming down and the markets may recover on Monday. If, on the otherhand, we see big drops on Monday, we may well be at the turning point.

HOLA447

I would not call it a crash with falls of 1 or 2 percent, unless we have a few good days falls at that rate, but the FTSE just went past, what looked like a key support of 5960.

If the market close down 1 or 2 %, the weekend could see folk calming down and the markets may recover on Monday. If, on the otherhand, we see big drops on Monday, we may well be at the turning point.

I think Mervyn King's comments have been taken to heart. They were plastered all over the papers. Sentiment is turning bearish on stocks it seems and the memory of 2002 is still fresh. IR are rising worldwide whether Gordon likes it or not and a HPC is long overdue and with it comes recession. Its odd how some think a meltdown in the US will not affect the UK and EU. Seems that our stockmarkets are closely tied--always have been.

HOLA448

This could be the big one we have been waiting for? Stock markets around the world crashing as IR surge. LOndon is going down according to the FT. TTRTR--you waited too long--try to get out while you can and cut your losses. Recessions are not good for speculative properties. :o

With shares you sell at around 0.25% below the current price and you can do it now to lock in your gains. Can you do that with property :lol:

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I think Mervyn King's comments have been taken to heart. They were plastered all over the papers. Sentiment is turning bearish on stocks it seems and the memory of 2002 is still fresh. IR are rising worldwide whether Gordon likes it or not and a HPC is long overdue and with it comes recession. Its odd how some think a meltdown in the US will not affect the UK and EU. Seems that our stockmarkets are closely tied--always have been.

More to the point I think Bernie's have been taken to heart. The 0.25% Fed hike added weight to the comments and its bye bye Dow..... May be, we have been here before. Last time we were I got out add moved into Gold. Gold and Stocks were neck and neck up until a few weeks ago, now...... I got lucky for once :)

HOLA4411

Down about 110 points now!!! :(

IF the market has turned the City saw it coming:

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/12052006/94/proper...ers-london.html

Friday May 12, 10:25 AM

Property boom peters out in London
London’s turn-of-the-year surge in house prices has stalled, according to the Financial Times house price index

Recessions lead to City layoffs and there has been an excess in hiring over the last 24 months or so. Perhaps the reason for the stalling house prices.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

More to the point I think Bernie's have been taken to heart. The 0.25% Fed hike added weight to the comments and its bye bye Dow..... May be, we have been here before. Last time we were I got out add moved into Gold. Gold and Stocks were neck and neck up until a few weeks ago, now...... I got lucky for once :)

Dont stay in too long--Remember what Warren B said this week about bubbles in metals. If we get a severe recession inflation will be history and cash will be king.

HOLA4414
Guest Riser

Taking a breather at 5940. I wonder if this support will hold..

Market will probably wait to get direction from the US open around 2pm

HOLA4415

I had about £9100 in a FTSE tracker a couple of days ago. Probably about 8900 now! Time to collect my profit and get out for a bit I think!!

Market will probably wait to get direction from the US open around 2pm

The US makets are going to record another drop today. The FTSE will finish the day about -160 I reckon...

Edited by Bes

HOLA4416

An extended SM correction will hit a lot of homeowners who got greedy and MEWed to buy stocks. The FT artcile this morning on London house prices stalling must be sending a chill down the spines of those who bought in during the surge earlier this year? A suckers rally in all its glory it seems. :)

HOLA4417

fear will drive the market, everyone will be heading for the exit doors. this could well turn into another black monday

the weekend will only serve as time to arrange the escape on monday!!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

THere are a few Bulls and Trolls on this site that seem to delight in the econmic collapse of the US. When the US catches cold.................................

http://today.reuters.com/investing/MarketR...ROPE-URGENT.XML

European shares dive 1.5 pct, battered by dollar

Fri May 12, 2006 5:53 AM ET

LONDON, May 12 (Reuters) - European shares dived more than 1.5 percent on Friday to levels not seen in a month, as the falling dollar battered exporters and resource stocks dropped after months of solid gains.
European car makers showed losses of up to 3 percent.

IN a word: GLOBALISATION

We sink and swim more or less together.

HOLA4420

Dont stay in too long--Remember what Warren B said this week about bubbles in metals. If we get a severe recession inflation will be history and cash will be king.

Agreed, but Gold is the traditional hedge against inflation. One of the reason why I have been looking for Gold to break away from other assets such as Oil and Copper. Some limited signs in the last few days, but not definitive yet, hence the slight butterflies whenever the market do something dramatic.

It is amazing how much adrenalin can hit the system from watching a few figures on a PC screen :D

HOLA4421

Agreed, but Gold is the traditional hedge against inflation. One of the reason why I have been looking for Gold to break away from other assets such as Oil and Copper. Some limited signs in the last few days, but not definitive yet, hence the slight butterflies whenever the market do something dramatic.

It is amazing how much adrenalin can hit the system from watching a few figures on a PC screen :D

Commodities not doing well--Warren's warnings coming to fruition?

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/12052006/214/londo...sie-plunge.html

Friday May 12, 11:05 AM
London midmorning: Commodity issues prompt Footsie plunge
LONDON (ShareCast) - Resource stocks came in for a big bout of profit taking this morning following months of gains as commodity prices eased back a little form recent highs, with mining and oil majors deep in the red.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

fear will drive the market, everyone will be heading for the exit doors. this could well turn into another black monday

the weekend will only serve as time to arrange the escape on monday!!

Black monday was due to a misunderstanding.

The great sell off on Wall Street that Monday morning was due to a misunderstanding on why the UK had fallen so much on Monday morning.

Wall Street forgot that due to the "Great Storm" London on Friday had been closed and London's fall was in reaction to all of Friday's wall street trading not just the hours after London closed.

I'm waiting for when the Hedge funds start having problems. There are probably a fair few deriatives that are starting to fell painful.

HOLA4424
Guest Charlie The Tramp

The great sell off on Wall Street that Monday morning was due to a misunderstanding on why the UK had fallen so much on Monday morning.

Wall Street forgot that due to the "Great Storm" London on Friday had been closed and London's fall was in reaction to all of Friday's wall street trading not just the hours after London closed.

John Phelan, then chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, said: "This is the nearest thing to a financial meltdown I`ve ever come across."It was the end of the bull market of the past five years, which has seen a three and a half fold rise in average share prices. The collapse was blamed by analysts variously on the US budget and trade deficits, rising interest rates, and computer-controlled "programme trading"

I thought it was those b****y computers. ;)

HOLA4425

Commodities not doing well--Warren's warnings coming to fruition?

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/12052006/214/londo...sie-plunge.html

Friday May 12, 11:05 AM
London midmorning: Commodity issues prompt Footsie plunge
LONDON (ShareCast) - Resource stocks came in for a big bout of profit taking this morning following months of gains as commodity prices eased back a little form recent highs, with mining and oil majors deep in the red.

Gold is well over $725 at the moment.