House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
southernchick

Newbury, Berkshire

Seem to be selling here again. I know two houses that accepted offers within 1 week!!

Lots of new houses have been built over the past three years, most are sold.

There was a dip 8-12 months ago, but things have picked up again.

Newbury is one of the lowest unemployment towns in the country, something like 556 people out of work!! Lots of jobs advertised, and people commute to London and M4 silicon valley too. This keeps housing market bouyant.

House are expensive, but as there are loads of jobs, people will pay.

Also, lots of apartment complexes have gone up everywhere, and these are all occupied. Neither many for sale or sold boards outside them. Car park spaces full.

Don't move here thougt, we have enough residents already, too much infill to accomodate everyone who wants to move here, is piXXing off the locals, the gardens are all being built in. It will soon be a sprawling estate rather than garden suburbs. NIMBY.

SC

House just 50 yards from me went on last year at 269 dropped to 249 but remained unsold. Took off market..

Just went up at 275 and sold within a week !!

Cheers

Richard

Just a quick update

It's back up as 'for sale'

Cheers

Richard

Keep us posted. I've been watching a few properties come off the market only to find them back on again in the Hungerford area.

Keep us posted. I've been watching a few properties come off the market only to find them back on again in the Hungerford area.

went past today- it's back as sold.

cheers

richard

Edited by r.bartlett