House Price Crash Forum

Big Oil Announcement – But Is It A Scam?

HOLA441

Is this a scam?

How can someone make such a bold prediciton? What could possibly be going to happen to cause this and how could someone know, in advance, to almost the exact date when it would occur? I'd normally disregard something like this but it's a link on theMoney Week site, so I'm inclined to give it further consideration.

HOLA442

Is this a scam?

How can someone make such a bold prediciton? What could possibly be going to happen to cause this and how could someone know, in advance, to almost the exact date when it would occur? I'd normally disregard something like this but it's a link on theMoney Week site, so I'm inclined to give it further consideration.

Its simply trying to sell investment opportunities based upon Peak Oil. I'm sure Dr Bubb has far cheaper and more sensible investment suggestings based on it.

HOLA443

But what I want to know is this... How can someone make such bold claims. Will oil really hit four times its current value around July 2. How could someone claim that it's going to if it isn't?

I only want to know because... if someone's onto something and there are underlying factors that could support such a claim, I'll be placing a long bet on crude oil just before the market closes on Friday 30 June.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

bascially playing on:

* the lack of refinery capacity for gasoline and the upcoming US summer driving season,

* record US reserves (and why did they decide to build them up..) not holding up to demand already,

* the possibility for more hurricane damage this year to key installations,

* severe production shortfalls in africa as the locals start to do something about being stiffed by their

governments and the multinationals

* chavez getting narky and possibily turning the taps off

* production at cantrell and gahwar crashing through the floor. Even the official IEA figures have demand outpacing supply this year.

* the whole iranian situation. The recent underwater and medium range ground to ground missile tests were (IMHO) a very clear indication from tehran that any military engagement will result in attacks on raz tanura and the straights of hormuz. Given that 2/5ths of the worlds crude supply either docks at or passes through this area/terminal, this would be deep sh!t time. Unless the iranians have gone short on a massive physical order and are going to suddenly back down and fill their boots as the panic premium vanishes from the market, prices are only going to go one way. Yes the 2nd of july is marketing bullsh!t, but the prediction for oil prices could well be realistic at some point in the near future.

Edited by RobertPaulson