House Price Crash Forum

Our Property Search Banner Has Been Added

HOLA441

I know you all like using the houseprices website and it's fine if you do but you might find it more convenient to use the ourproperty website instead. Yes, you have to register but then your login details are stored on an encrypted cookie so you just type in the postcode and click....easy as that. And you get to see the neighbouring streets to the postcode you've searched on which is just one of the things that you don't currently get with the houseprices website.

Here's a quick comparison:

Function...........................................Ourproperty.co.uk...............Houseprices.co.uk

Access sold house prices for free?.......YES.....................................YES

Registration required?..........................YES.....................................NO

500m radial searching on postcode?.....YES.....................................NO

Covers Scottish house prices?..............YES......................................NO

Up to 10 postcode email alerts?............YES......................................NO

Local property professional listings?......YES......................................NO

HOLA442

I know you all like using the houseprices website and it's fine if you do but you might find it more convenient to use the ourproperty website instead.

Sorry webmaster but I much prefer houseprices.co.uk to ourproperty (and nethouseprices). The interface on houseprices.co.uk is just so clean and fast. For the quick search ourproperty wants a post code. With houseprices.co.uk you can put in the street name or postcode whichever is most convenient.

I have all the streets on my old estate (about a dozen) in a file and with houseprices.co.uk I can just put in each street name and get back all houses sold in that street over all dates and all simply formatted on one page. It's just needs a quick cut and paste to save the data. Doing this on ourproperty or nethouseprices is much more hassle.

PS On the subject of saving the data, I do this every month and then compare with the previous months results to see what's changed. Now you would expect only additions to the data as more sales get registered BUT recently I've noticed some sales DISAPPEARING. In other words a sale that was there two months ago disappeared in the following month. I think this a fault by the land registry as it's disappeared from all three sites (houseprices.co.uk, ourproperty and nethouseprices).

HOLA443

I know you all like using the houseprices website and it's fine if you do but you might find it more convenient to use the ourproperty website instead. Yes, you have to register but then your login details are stored on an encrypted cookie so you just type in the postcode and click....easy as that. And you get to see the neighbouring streets to the postcode you've searched on which is just one of the things that you don't currently get with the houseprices website.

Here's a quick comparison:

Function...........................................Ourproperty.co.uk...............Houseprices.co.uk

Access sold house prices for free?.......YES.....................................YES

Registration required?..........................YES.....................................NO

500m radial searching on postcode?.....YES.....................................NO

Covers Scottish house prices?..............YES......................................NO

Up to 10 postcode email alerts?............YES......................................NO

Local property professional listings?......YES......................................NO

Can I make a suggestion, can we have a new avatar where we can hold our head in our hands and shake it please? :( Houseprices does exactly what it says on the tin and in that respect its simplicity is brilliant. Most of these companies shot their bolt and all legged it to LR thinking they`d discovered alchemy, they havn`t. It`s simply akin to putting a different skin on a forum (overdue for me and you BTW ;) ) after you`ve bought your licence. You can now get a version for free from 3 different sources in return for ad rev share. IMHO I`d be able to buy one of the failing ones for cheap change..10K ish just to get their traffic.

HOLA444
I have all the streets on my old estate (about a dozen) in a file and with houseprices.co.uk I can just put in each street name and get back all houses sold in that street over all dates and all simply formatted on one page. It's just needs a quick cut and paste to save the data. Doing this on ourproperty or nethouseprices is much more hassle.

You could do this just once on OurProperty.co.uk and then have us automatically e-mail you any sales within 500 metres of those roads each month. You just need to set up some alerts on the e-mail alert page:

http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/alert.html

HOLA445

Can I make a suggestion, can we have a new avatar where we can hold our head in our hands and shake it please? :( Houseprices does exactly what it says on the tin and in that respect its simplicity is brilliant. Most of these companies shot their bolt and all legged it to LR thinking they`d discovered alchemy, they havn`t. It`s simply akin to putting a different skin on a forum (overdue for me and you BTW ;) ) after you`ve bought your licence. You can now get a version for free from 3 different sources in return for ad rev share. IMHO I`d be able to buy one of the failing ones for cheap change..10K ish just to get their traffic.

Sounds like a great deal I'd go for it, with a newsnow partnership and a cheap LR site you could conquer the world!

FWIW I think houseprices interface is pretty good obviously the lack of registration makes it quicker for non members to search but you only have to register on OurProperty.co.uk once and after that the benefit is personalised content which we think is useful. We do have some better features another that is not mentioned is that we join long roads together if the cross county boundries and lots of other little tricks that all the other sites don't think about which mean you get more detail and information than any other site on the web. We also answer our user queries around 42000 last year alone! Of course we are biased but there is a reason we are the biggest and that is because people like OurProperty best!

HOLA446

You could do this just once on OurProperty.co.uk and then have us automatically e-mail you any sales within 500 metres of those roads each month. You just need to set up some alerts on the e-mail alert page:

http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/alert.html

I do already get some email alerts from you but they are not useful for collecting the data I keep on my estate as the 500m area gives me roads that are outside of the estate which I would then need to weed out.

Also I'm not sure how I would cover all of the estate using alerts. If I put each street in as a separate alert (not that I could as there are more than 10) then I will have loads of duplicates and even if I could work out the minimum postcodes needed to cover the estate in 500m area's (which I haven't the foggiest how to do) then there would still be duplicates and roads outside the estate to weed out.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Sounds like a great deal I'd go for it, with a newsnow partnership and a cheap LR site you could conquer the world!

FWIW I think houseprices interface is pretty good obviously the lack of registration makes it quicker for non members to search but you only have to register on OurProperty.co.uk once and after that the benefit is personalised content which we think is useful. We do have some better features another that is not mentioned is that we join long roads together if the cross county boundries and lots of other little tricks that all the other sites don't think about which mean you get more detail and information than any other site on the web. We also answer our user queries around 42000 last year alone! Of course we are biased but there is a reason we are the biggest and that is because people like OurProperty best!

Whatever, you pay 10K for HPC.com, I`ll get the LR feed for free :D Sorry, meant HPC.co.uk