House Price Crash Forum

Whistleblower In The News?

Guest Fiddlesticks

HOLA441
Guest ex alexander hall employee

I have just realised that two of my posts may seem conflicting, [it is scandalous and the FSA should investigate] and then to say [it's not for me to say she should report them]

However I would draw a distinction in what a regulator should be doing and recomending to a private individual that they pursue a complaint.

Hope we're clear on that.

HOLA442

Not for me to say if she should report them, I don't actually harbour any grudge toward AH and don't have an axe to grind.

What was shown last night does breach the data protection act and the Alexander Hall terms of business - that they disclose to clients and require them to sign. If (and this is the major point) she can PROVE that this happened, there would be a case. Are you saying that your friend may be the person referred to in the programme?

Unlikely not similar enough description, but thinks she had a similar situation. Estate agents seemed to be constantly trying to offer prices well above price, she used a broker recommended by them etc. Probably too difficult to prove though.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

15 years ago such a programme may have had an impact.

Nowadays...not much. Look at what the government gets away with. Observe the impact of the biggest ever mass public demonstration during IRAQ War pt 2. Foxtons can pretty much continue to do what they want.

As Bill Hicks might have said..."Go back to sleep United Kingdom."