House Price Crash Forum

Bubble Trouble - 'bubble Sitting'

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

ABC News has started a series called 'Bubble Trouble'

Bubble sitting

I like the american expression 'Bubble-sitting' - much better than 'sell-to-rent' LOL!

Its interesting that this is now prevelent in the US, where 10-15% of people are finding rents much cheaper than mortages and selling out.

However, the US is also using mass immigration as a tool to supress rising wages, while everything else rises in price.

Yet, overall, the price rises are much smaller in the US then here, and the debt mountain to GDP ratio is also much less than in the UK at 86% vs 100% here. There are also few problems with supply in the US, either in the huge city blocks in the centre which spring up or the suburbs.

HOLA444

ABC News has started a series called 'Bubble Trouble'

Bubble sitting

Interesting. Of course their 'expert', who tried to talk bubble sitting down, is a realtor (estate agent in UK terms).

She was actually full of bubble talk herself. Buying a house is a from of savings - what at the top of the market? Paying a mortgage is paying money "to yourself"! Which bank allows that then? If she can tell me I'll have a big, no gigantic, loan please and then pay all the interest back to myself! Lovely! :D

HOLA445
HOLA446

What a load of crap! How old is that video?

RE prices across the US are still up, but not like they have been over the last few years. The housing market in California has finally started to slow. In San Diego we are actually seeing a decrease in prices. Homes are on the market much longer and the inventory has exploded. I just sold a home last week in southern California that I purchased 2.5 years ago. Sold it for 96% more than the purchase, had I decided to sell it 6 months ago it would have been for 105% more than purchase price. The market cycle has been turning, but most refuse to see it.