House Price Crash Forum

Game Over In Spain?

HOLA441

This post looks like it might have been written by 2 different people. Previous posts suggest the same.

I address the first paragraph. adibrown, I believe you. Is this your partner's house, or a house under your partner's instruction /management?

Mystery poster number 2. Welcome. Spain is indeed a very complex entity with an interesting history. I'm reading a very fine text on the civil war at the moment, which seems to explain everything. I wish I'd paid more attention to history in school.

btp

Hi Guys

Well this all seems very strange. I tried to PM you both to give you details about the management agency that rented my house out to a couple last year but it says I am not allowed to PM. So in order to defend myself I am happy to give you the name of the agency on here. Give them a call and they will verify that I am indeed renting my property long term and it is DEFINITELY not for sale!!! . The agency is Angel Properties and they are in a town called Palomares. I have just had a new 11 month contract signed. A couple with 2 children are renting my house, there children go to the local school and they are having an amazing time living in Spain, they absolutely love it.

Also can I clear up another one of your accusations. My partner is a technophobe. She struggles with her mobile phone never mind a forum on a website. As such I dont quite get this 2 poster argument.

What is evident about Spain is that it is very different region to region. You cannot bunch it all together in one sweeping statement. I mean I have to admit that I absolutely hate the Costa Blanca. I visited Benidorm and Torrevieja a few years ago and I couldn't wait to leave asap. The place is full of "egg and chips" meatheads.

I genuinely feel sorry for those that bought there over 10 years ago. Anybody who bought there recently I mean come on did you not drive around and see for yourself what the place was like. Check out your neighbours, that really is a 65 year old with a tattoo of a dragon on her neck. Oh yes and that tapas bar is called the Rose and Crown. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

I was visiting my folks in Withernsea about 3 years ago and we drove past one of these home abroad expos in Hull. We went in there for a laugh and every stand was promoting a development in Torrevieja or Costa Blanca. Out of 40 stands about 37 I would say were to do with developments in Torrevieja. They were advertising these box villas for about £40k. Wow these prices are great I thought and then I looked around at the neanderthals buying them.

"it we lovely...it we just like england but really hot. Gary found a place near beach that served an all day fry up. He were in there every day"

"Near our house in Torre we have about 10 from estate in Hull all living out there now in winter. Its reet piss up every night"

It suddenly became clear, this was the area to avoid. We banged into people in our area of Spain all the time looking to escape Torrevieja. Funnily enough I was in a taxi and the driver was telling me he was trying to sell his house in Denia just the other week. Nightmare Area - Avoid Torrevieja at all costs!!!!

On the other hand some areas are protected by regulations they are ran by uncorrupt councils and they dont have hundreds of British bars or get invaded by beer bellied brits every Summer. I mean cities like Granada, Seville etc cannot be compared to markets like Costa Blance...completely different.

Where I have a house is a very popular resort and always has been for folk from Madrid. Many of the houses are holiday homes for Spanish who have benfited not only from the property boom but an improving economy and billions of EC euros. Its also more importantly a very popular area for Germans (They avoid the British Beer Bellied tourists) and Dutch (funnily enough there used to be thousands of Dutch in Benidorm but they moved down the coast to escape this declining area).

I suppose I am saying as I have said before it really is all about where you are in Spain. In my opinion there are really bad areas of Spain were people are and will have a nightmare and there are areas of Spain were people are having a great time and loving life. I know people who have sold bought sold and then bought again in my area in the past 4 years. I also know somebody like Paul/Sally who have been trying to sell their villa on the Costa Blanca for 2 years (For £170k more than they paid I must add).

I would like to ask Paul/Sally another question. How much did you buy for? How much did you sell for?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Hi again . our post was just a our view in general for all to see under the heading of[ game over in spain]... our villa was a 3 bed 4 year old detatched in La.Nucia . nr Altea ... our friend that has just sold lived on el dorado golf/country club ,, nr Campello . 3bed villa own pool 800 plot , newish , sorry we cant help you , well not directley........... all the best

Hi again . our post was just a our view in general for all to see under the heading of[ game over in spain]... our villa was a 3 bed 4 year old detatched in La.Nucia . nr Altea ... our friend that has just sold lived on el dorado golf/country club ,, nr Campello . 3bed villa own pool 800 plot , newish , sorry we cant help you , well not directley........... all the best

ps we paid 165.000 plus tax new buildin 2001 we sold for 195,000 less agents fees and spent about 8,000 on inprovments . thanks

HOLA443

but I have no need for Spanish property lemons right now - I'm doing too well in other markets (that aren't in a state of collapse!)

yours very amused indeed

Catamite

So Catamite, how are the boys doing........................????

Do YOU actually answer any questions on here.............2 have been asked of you and both are still unanswered........

And to be honest Kitty, the above statement you made..." blah blah i´m doing well...blah blah".....I DOUBT IT,,,,,,,,,,not if you put as much knowledge and time in to it as you put into buying your hole in Spain.............and then again, BLAMING everyone else....

And stop looking in the mirror when you´re naked, that will help stop your amusement.

And guys, lets be honest (if any of you can), human nature shows that the only people on here that are pissed and bitching about Spain, are the ones that failed, screwed up or whatever...peace and love to you all

Still loving it all over here in the sun..

Allme

HOLA444

ps we paid 165.000 plus tax new buildin 2001 we sold for 195,000 less agents fees and spent about 8,000 on inprovments . thanks

Well sounds to me like you paid well over the odds and sold way under the market but still walked away without a loss. It is indeed very sad hearing about these one off incidents and my heart goes out to you and your friend. I know La Nucia well and it has been encircled by bad developments over the past 5 years as you well know. Its about 30 miles from Benidorm and a quaint town but its very isolated and when you go inland you limit your resale potential simply because of the supply of similar properties. Another lesson on why buying in teh right area is crucial when buying abroad. As ever "Know your market".

Of course as Allme says you're only ever going to hear about the odd person who made a bad investment or got conned. The thing is is that all of the other 99.9% (literally millions) that are truly happy with their situation are out on their terrace having breakfast now and not sat inside like a saddo (me included) writing on this forum.

Catemite you never did answer the question on why you only come to this site to write on Spanish Property. For me this is very strange behaviour for somebody who has no interest in Spain. Also maybe you could let us in on these other markets you invest in.

HOLA445

hi again . maybe thers two la Nucia s ?? la Nucia is 8 k from playa lavanti benidorm,,, about 5 k from terra mitica golf and theme park .. i guess we just about broke even on our sale as i said we were lucky we had it on with severel est agents it started off 260.000 they all said roughly the same but as you know we ended up with 195.000 ... 189.000 after paying est agents fee ...........just one more thing i forgot to say,,,,, between sep 2004 and feb 2005 my wife worked for a removal comp very well known in spain , ther main office is in benidorm they fly the flag on the trucks [uj] she delt with bookings over the phone at that time 75% was returning .....20% moving down 5% inernal .. but at one point they hade to hire extra vans to meet the demand for the returning.. the figers was a complete turn around from the 90s and early years of 2000 ... Our frinds that have just sold work for a insurance comp in benidorm [ car / home ins ect ] she told us just 2 weeks ago that there is a lot of cancellations [ brits retuning home ] ..............good luck to all going..... and those retuning try looking at the s coast of England maybe you will find your dream there we did .. plus its a safe investment [yours sincerely] P&S

HOLA446

hi again . maybe thers two la Nucia s ?? la Nucia is 8 k from playa lavanti benidorm,,, about 5 k from terra mitica golf and theme park .. i guess we just about broke even on our sale as i said we were lucky we had it on with severel est agents it started off 260.000 they all said roughly the same but as you know we ended up with 195.000 ... 189.000 after paying est agents fee ...........just one more thing i forgot to say,,,,, between sep 2004 and feb 2005 my wife worked for a removal comp very well known in spain , ther main office is in benidorm they fly the flag on the trucks [uj] she delt with bookings over the phone at that time 75% was returning .....20% moving down 5% inernal .. but at one point they hade to hire extra vans to meet the demand for the returning.. the figers was a complete turn around from the 90s and early years of 2000 ... Our frinds that have just sold work for a insurance comp in benidorm [ car / home ins ect ] she told us just 2 weeks ago that there is a lot of cancellations [ brits retuning home ] ..............good luck to all going..... and those retuning try looking at the s coast of England maybe you will find your dream there we did .. plus its a safe investment [yours sincerely] P&S

My apologies if it is even closer to Benidorm this now then makes even more sense. On the two occassions I have been there I have been taken there but for some reason I always thought it was further from IMO Europes worst holiday resort than it seems it actually is. I remember lots of out of place gross developments surronding it and definitely shouted nay screamed tacky and corrupt with a strained infrastructure. I certainly would have steered clear.

Indeed as I said before there are always those few that have had bad experiences and will spread these usual untruths, it works out about 0.01% of people going over to Spain.

I think you'll find more and more people year on year are moving to Spain and very few returning. It sounds like you made a bad choice of location but fortunately didn't lose out too badly, I sympathise with this minority but please dont start making out as if everyone is losing money and everyone is coming back. Far from it, please read this Guardian article http://www.guardian.co.uk/spain/article/0,,1831037,00.html from only a few weeks ago. I will also get hold of a DWP report I saw just the other day which shows accurate data on people in Spain and shows a significant increase year on year 03/04/05/06.

As I said before know your market. I for one know that lots of people are moving from original house purchases in the Costa Blanca and buying in the Costa Almeria after working out that Costa Blanca is a No Go area.

Remember the media only likes nightmare stories and the only people on here or other websites are those bitter few that made errors and have now returned or people that never made it there because they suddenly found themselves priced out. They think everything should return to £30k for a villa as it was in 1983 but Spain is now no longer a developing country almost third world as it was 30 years ago. My house has 2MB ADSL, granite worktops, marble floors and a designer kitchen and 3 designer bathrooms. We have an Ikea in Murcia and Thai, Sushi/Japanese, Indian etc restaurants all within walking distance.Of course some poverty exists inland still but Spain is now a developed EC country and as such property will be priced accordingly.

My prediction 5-10% reduction in 2007 with 5-10%gains in 2008 and increases of 5-10% a year from then onwards. Why? Well Germans are starting to buy but more than anything Boomers are starting to retire and they want two things - Sunshine and easy/cheap travel to the UK. Within 2-3 hours and £50 the kids can visit or they can visit the kids - thats about the same time and cost as a train between London and Manchester. No wonder its called the California of Europe B)

HOLA447

My apologies if it is even closer to Benidorm this now then makes even more sense. On the two occassions I have been there I have been taken there but for some reason I always thought it was further from IMO Europes worst holiday resort than it seems it actually is. I remember lots of out of place gross developments surronding it and definitely shouted nay screamed tacky and corrupt with a strained infrastructure. I certainly would have steered clear.

Indeed as I said before there are always those few that have had bad experiences and will spread these usual untruths, it works out about 0.01% of people going over to Spain.

I think you'll find more and more people year on year are moving to Spain and very few returning. It sounds like you made a bad choice of location but fortunately didn't lose out too badly, I sympathise with this minority but please dont start making out as if everyone is losing money and everyone is coming back. Far from it, please read this Guardian article http://www.guardian.co.uk/spain/article/0,,1831037,00.html from only a few weeks ago. I will also get hold of a DWP report I saw just the other day which shows accurate data on people in Spain and shows a significant increase year on year 03/04/05/06.

As I said before know your market. I for one know that lots of people are moving from original house purchases in the Costa Blanca and buying in the Costa Almeria after working out that Costa Blanca is a No Go area.

Remember the media only likes nightmare stories and the only people on here or other websites are those bitter few that made errors and have now returned or people that never made it there because they suddenly found themselves priced out. They think everything should return to £30k for a villa as it was in 1983 but Spain is now no longer a developing country almost third world as it was 30 years ago. My house has 2MB ADSL, granite worktops, marble floors and a designer kitchen and 3 designer bathrooms. We have an Ikea in Murcia and Thai, Sushi/Japanese, Indian etc restaurants all within walking distance.Of course some poverty exists inland still but Spain is now a developed EC country and as such property will be priced accordingly.

My prediction 5-10% reduction in 2007 with 5-10%gains in 2008 and increases of 5-10% a year from then onwards. Why? Well Germans are starting to buy but more than anything Boomers are starting to retire and they want two things - Sunshine and easy/cheap travel to the UK. Within 2-3 hours and £50 the kids can visit or they can visit the kids - thats about the same time and cost as a train between London and Manchester. No wonder its called the California of Europe B)

Adi

"0.01% is 1 in 10,000" - do you really think the incidence of people being unhappy is that low, or have you had a similar level of childhood mathematical tuition as Allme?

"Easy/cheap travel to the UK" - somehow you've missed the enormity of the fuel crisis we are heading towards in the next 10 years. Planes won't fly on solar power baby, or nuclear either - good old rapidly depleting oil is the only thing that hits the spot! But it's running out, oops, bye bye cheap travel. Good while it lasted though....like the boom in Spain.

haw haw haw

HOLA448

Well sounds to me like you paid well over the odds and sold way under the market but still walked away without a loss. It is indeed very sad hearing about these one off incidents and my heart goes out to you and your friend. I know La Nucia well and it has been encircled by bad developments over the past 5 years as you well know. Its about 30 miles from Benidorm and a quaint town but its very isolated and when you go inland you limit your resale potential simply because of the supply of similar properties. Another lesson on why buying in teh right area is crucial when buying abroad. As ever "Know your market".

Of course as Allme says you're only ever going to hear about the odd person who made a bad investment or got conned. The thing is is that all of the other 99.9% (literally millions) that are truly happy with their situation are out on their terrace having breakfast now and not sat inside like a saddo (me included) writing on this forum.

Catemite you never did answer the question on why you only come to this site to write on Spanish Property. For me this is very strange behaviour for somebody who has no interest in Spain. Also maybe you could let us in on these other markets you invest in.

"Saddo" eh? Speak for yourself adibrowntrout. I enjoy my occasional foray onto these pages, a peek into the funny farm that is Allme's world. I referred to my (admittedly limited) other markets on the other thread, and think I addressed your other query also. I also alluded to my interest in Spain, which gives me and some friends a bit of a laugh, basically a form of self-deprecating joke I guess. But amusing for us in a wry kind of way, not so bad.

By the way, you said 0.01% were unhappy. That means 99.99% were happy. Not 99.9%. Perhaps Allme and yourself could do some night classes together? Throw in a few Catamites and really liven things up! And Allme, did it ever occur to you that my use of "Catamite" was perhaps ironic? After all, who had to point you to a dictionary so that you could even understand the word? People with very broad education and extensive vocabularies often play with interesting words such as these (not with the boys insinuated!). But, I think you might like to imagine the other possibility - do I sense a frisson of closet excitement from your breathy and verbose replies??!!

HOLA449

"Saddo" eh? Speak for yourself adibrowntrout. I enjoy my occasional foray onto these pages, a peek into the funny farm that is Allme's world. I referred to my (admittedly limited) other markets on the other thread, and think I addressed your other query also. I also alluded to my interest in Spain, which gives me and some friends a bit of a laugh, basically a form of self-deprecating joke I guess. But amusing for us in a wry kind of way, not so bad.

By the way, you said 0.01% were unhappy. That means 99.99% were happy. Not 99.9%. Perhaps Allme and yourself could do some night classes together? Throw in a few Catamites and really liven things up! And Allme, did it ever occur to you that my use of "Catamite" was perhaps ironic? After all, who had to point you to a dictionary so that you could even understand the word? People with very broad education and extensive vocabularies often play with interesting words such as these (not with the boys insinuated!). But, I think you might like to imagine the other possibility - do I sense a frisson of closet excitement from your breathy and verbose replies??!!

Very amusing. I dont think you do yourself any favours with these kind of rambling replies.

I never called anybody saddo, never used the word but after reading most of your threads I feel a strange aversion to its use ;)

HOLA4410

Adi

"0.01% is 1 in 10,000" - do you really think the incidence of people being unhappy is that low, or have you had a similar level of childhood mathematical tuition as Allme?

"Easy/cheap travel to the UK" - somehow you've missed the enormity of the fuel crisis we are heading towards in the next 10 years. Planes won't fly on solar power baby, or nuclear either - good old rapidly depleting oil is the only thing that hits the spot! But it's running out, oops, bye bye cheap travel. Good while it lasted though....like the boom in Spain.

haw haw haw

Good sums Catemite. OK so it was probably a little OTT and is probably closer to 2%. Big deal the facts show a massive increase in numbers, if we were to believe you or paul/sally surely the numbers of Brits would be falling.

What you are explaining there Catemite would affect all flights. Surely Spain would still be in relative terms a cheaper destination than lets say Florida or Greece to fly to and from.

You have a very poor attitude Catemite. Are you under 5 foot 6 by any chance?

Edited by adibrown

HOLA4411

Adibrownnose,

you say: "I never called anybody saddo, never used the word"

but a few posts up, you delivered the following:

"The thing is is that all of the other 99.9% (literally millions) that are truly happy with their situation are out on their terrace having breakfast now and not sat inside like a saddo (me included) writing on this forum."

BacktoParents was right - there's a schizo thing going on here; both you AND Allme should really be due some special allowance under National Health - check out your entitlements!

With regard to the fuel issue, maybe buy where there is good indigenous rental potential as the black gold runs out? That would make some sense, right? And will there be good local rental return in Spain as set against the (rising) cost of capital? Yeah right make me laugh some more, rent might cover the local refuse charges if you're lucky. Maybe would be OK in Spain if they weren't frenetically building as if free space was going out of fashion. 800 thousand units a year (yes 800K) being completed - put simply it's a low occupancy, low rental, property slump strategy that's being executed very nicely!

really gotta go - pain in my side

5'11" as it happens; not an old timer Allme - that was one of my Grandfathers favourite phrases as he got old and grumpy - I like it!

HOLA4412

Adibrownnose,

you say: "I never called anybody saddo, never used the word"

but a few posts up, you delivered the following:

"The thing is is that all of the other 99.9% (literally millions) that are truly happy with their situation are out on their terrace having breakfast now and not sat inside like a saddo (me included) writing on this forum."

BacktoParents was right - there's a schizo thing going on here; both you AND Allme should really be due some special allowance under National Health - check out your entitlements!

With regard to the fuel issue, maybe buy where there is good indigenous rental potential as the black gold runs out? That would make some sense, right? And will there be good local rental return in Spain as set against the (rising) cost of capital? Yeah right make me laugh some more, rent might cover the local refuse charges if you're lucky. Maybe would be OK in Spain if they weren't frenetically building as if free space was going out of fashion. 800 thousand units a year (yes 800K) being completed - put simply it's a low occupancy, low rental, property slump strategy that's being executed very nicely!

really gotta go - pain in my side

5'11" as it happens; not an old timer Allme - that was one of my Grandfathers favourite phrases as he got old and grumpy - I like it!

ERMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM 5´11".........ok i´m 6´1" and 18 stone...................so can you tell me how old I am from my height...lol

Damn one thing for you Kitty Kat is you have passion mate, does anything anyone really say on here make a difference to the really big fish......NOPE.

The heavy breathing you are talking about is me trying to catch my breath, beacuse I really cant stop laughing at your pathetic attempt at insults..........and to be honest, there are far batter words to use if you wish to be sarcastic.............rather than talking about sex with little boys............

Now calm all 5´11" down, dont want you getting a nose bleed............................deep breaths.....oh no thats me again...

Anyone numb nuts..............thats pressuming you actually have any nuts........or is that another question you wont answer...............like the one about 10 replies ago....."where is this Villa" you spoke about, is it in the fantasy world you call your brain.....oh yeah I keep forgetting you have an education so that makes you better than me......lol

Dumb ******

We sit on here bitching and moaning and slagging (well for me thats the fun part) each other off, while someone last week bought 100 OFF PLAN for one of the largest Banks in the world................

I dont wanna fight about this NO more, you have your view and I have mine.....................simple...... a bit like you really,and to be honest again...if an education makes people turn out like you......then i´m all for staying thick and uneducated

Peace love and SPAIN..........ahhh all this loveley money, sun, sea and stupid ******s like KITTY KAT....oh no the stupid ******s dont live here................and i am soooo glad.

Edited by Allme

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

HI all ... Well this is our last post , to much slaging for us,,, but just one last thought ... most of us on the site agree the c.blanca/c.d.sole have had there day ,,,the place to be now is Murcia/almira ect ,,, the bad news is that, the con men and eastern block gangs from all over spain are on there way ,and should be up and running by next monday ish ...soon they will have the best of everthing that spain has to offer .... thers a lot of jokes re spain at the mo think you may like this one .... what is the diferance betwen a english/spanish est agent in spain and a seagul ............................... the seagul can still leave a deposit on a b.m.w ... the est agent cant leave one on a push bike .... byeeeeeeeeee have fun with the slaging p&s [ not returing]

HOLA4415

HI all ... Well this is our last post , to much slaging for us,,, but just one last thought ... most of us on the site agree the c.blanca/c.d.sole have had there day ,,,the place to be now is Murcia/almira ect ,,, the bad news is that, the con men and eastern block gangs from all over spain are on there way ,and should be up and running by next monday ish ...soon they will have the best of everthing that spain has to offer .... thers a lot of jokes re spain at the mo think you may like this one .... what is the diferance betwen a english/spanish est agent in spain and a seagul ............................... the seagul can still leave a deposit on a b.m.w ... the est agent cant leave one on a push bike .... byeeeeeeeeee have fun with the slaging p&s [ not returing]

HA HA HA HA HA HA...eastern block gangs, what are you talking about....ha ha ha ha

most of you on here slag of every investment under the sun, and all of a sudden you buy in spain once and now you are experts...lol

Thats good, thats the best laugh I´ve had allll day, thats a hell of a lot better than what Kitty Kat can come up with..........LMAO

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

http://news.scotsman.com/aberdeen.cfm?id=1239362006

Unfortunately Spain is already seen as a prime target for Eastern European gangs with tourist villas and apartments on the Costas seen as easy targets.

You are joking me, a burglary...my god it must be like Brixton over there.

Not once are East Europeans mentioned in that article. A man from Aberdeen has a few beers and gets up at 10am and believes he has been gassed. It sounds like a spoof news site. Do you know how difficult it is to create enough gas to fill a villa? And for stealing some scots guys wallet and his wives bits and pieces. Now it is known in Italy that some gangs release gas into train carriages through air con vents but to fill a villa with enough gas to knock out a family of 4 for that long LOL....I just cant see it. Now it is possible that he had a few beers and left a side window or door open as many Brits do when they are on holiday in Spain and their guard is down. It is a shame but crime is commited in Spain believe it or not.

And I understand that in areas of Spain there are Eastern European gangs, not quite as many as in the UK but still enough to cause a stir in a country with an unbelievably low crime rate.

Here are the recent figures for crimes recorded by the Police in EU states as recorded by the Home Office and Council of Europe http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/hosb1203.pdf

England & Wales 5,525,316

France 4,061,792

Germany 6,363,865

Italy 2,613,830

Spain 1,015,640

Now the official population of Spain is 40 million+. Add to that the millions of tourists and remember that figure above includes all those Brits invading the Costas all year round fighting and being drunk and disorderly.

Doesn't strike me as the type of place invaded by Eastern European gangsters, looks like a place that with population difference taken into account about three times safer than the UK. Of course as in every country in Europe (UK the worst) eastern europeans have emigrated there and some of them are indeed criminally minded but no more than anywhere else.

Again it is the odd person robbed in Spain and all of a sudden Spain is full of robbers. The odd person makes a bad investment and the whole of Spain is a bad investment. When you then produce fact to show these people that there claims are unfounded they decide to ignore that. Why? Well it is human nature. It isn't Catemites fault that he is bitter about his failed investment or Paul/Sally's fault that they are disappointed that it didnt work out for them but for heavens sake dont roll out these generalisations about Spain.

HOLA4419

ERMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM 5´11".........ok i´m 6´1" and 18 stone...................so can you tell me how old I am from my height...lol

Damn one thing for you Kitty Kat is you have passion mate, does anything anyone really say on here make a difference to the really big fish......NOPE.

The heavy breathing you are talking about is me trying to catch my breath, beacuse I really cant stop laughing at your pathetic attempt at insults..........and to be honest, there are far batter words to use if you wish to be sarcastic.............rather than talking about sex with little boys............

Now calm all 5´11" down, dont want you getting a nose bleed............................deep breaths.....oh no thats me again...

Anyone numb nuts..............thats pressuming you actually have any nuts........or is that another question you wont answer...............like the one about 10 replies ago....."where is this Villa" you spoke about, is it in the fantasy world you call your brain.....oh yeah I keep forgetting you have an education so that makes you better than me......lol

Dumb ******

We sit on here bitching and moaning and slagging (well for me thats the fun part) each other off, while someone last week bought 100 OFF PLAN for one of the largest Banks in the world................

I dont wanna fight about this NO more, you have your view and I have mine.....................simple...... a bit like you really,and to be honest again...if an education makes people turn out like you......then i´m all for staying thick and uneducated

Peace love and SPAIN..........ahhh all this loveley money, sun, sea and stupid ******s like KITTY KAT....oh no the stupid ******s dont live here................and i am soooo glad.

18 stone? Go easy on the pies man....! gotta rush but will get back tomorrow - rather enjoying this; Paul/Sally - sorry to see you go - this site is pure looney tunes and great fun with such opposing views. Can't wait until the crash in Spain becomes irrefutable....Allme, get on a bike, hit that treadmill, dump the steroids or whatever!

HOLA4420

18 stone? Go easy on the pies man....! gotta rush but will get back tomorrow - rather enjoying this; Paul/Sally - sorry to see you go - this site is pure looney tunes and great fun with such opposing views. Can't wait until the crash in Spain becomes irrefutable....Allme, get on a bike, hit that treadmill, dump the steroids or whatever!

Again I wont argue.....the trouble is that with alll this money and becasue it is soooooo cheap over here I get to eat like a king, and then with alllll this work beacsue of all the sane people still buying over here I dont get much time to play, oh well maybe in 5 years when i retire I play more....ha ha ha

...................................."You cant wait for the crash in spain to be irrefutable"..................

BUT HAVE¨NT YOU AND THE MASSES BEEN SAYING THAT SPAIN IS ALREADY CRASHING......................

Now thats a bit strange, make your minds up....so what is it now....its on the downward spirral....I mean this year property prices have only hit 15.7% cap on the costa del sol, thats terrible......oh no, next year might only be 15% or even worse I might only get 12% return on my money.....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OK let me see. my APARTMENTS are worth €250,000 x lets say 10%..........ahhhh thats only €25,000 oh no quick lets get out now.....................ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

It is has either CRASHED in SPAIN or it HAS´NT. please make your minds up and get your stories straight

HOLA4421

Hi everyone,

This is Sally now on the keyboard. Think that the other half has had enough, laughed so much in the last few days just can't take it any more. As it has already been stated by so many, there is so much corruption at all levels in Spain, the real truth is very hard to understand. But I will try to tell it the way it is. There have been many instances throuhout Spain of people being gassed (maybe small apartments, who knows, but it happens). Chloroform is quite often used just before people enter their apartments or villas.

There was a Welsh couple they were travelling around Spain looking to buy a property, they were convinced that they were dealing with estate agents but they were taken inland to see a property. At that point they were both held captive and their bank account was slowly emptied because they threatened to kill his wife. In the end they killed both of them. If it was not for the family of the missing couple, they would never have been found because the Spanish police were doing nothing. Only when they were really under pressure did they look for them. The whole of Europe knows this story but you obviously do not....... For someone who thinks they are so well informed, I find it strange that you don't know why the figures are so low for crime in Spain. The answer is very simple, Spanish police do not like paperwork, as adibrown has stated, quite often for burglary/theft [quot] people are just taken in and given a good beating. We know [this is true from personal experiences in Spain. A gang of mixed races (eastern europe, north african) were caught virtually red-handed but by the time the witness arrived at the police station (45 mins after arrest) they had already been released. When the witness complained to the police he told them that the offenders had been asked to leave the area and never return (given a beating). This happens a lot. Less paperwork plus it looks very good doesn't it - low crime rate. Lets hope that explains that one.

And as for property in Spain is a good investment [[[[[NO WAY ]]]]]] and please don't forget to remind people of the 5%to[7%on new] tax plus up to 3% notary and connection charges etc. when a purchase is made (1 .5% up to 280.000pounds in the U.K.). Then of course there are commuinity fess, local town hall taxes, basura etc. etc. etc. When it comes time to sell, you will probably have 5% or more estate agents fees,plus 5% (or 33% of any profit) deducted. This of course depends on your residency but nevertheless you have still probably got to pay someone to deal with your rebate claim,you may or may not get it returnd. So, if we take all this into consideration, property in Spain would need to show very good gains. ...

With regards to the 10 and 15% gains in parts of Spain. I am sure that you know that up until recently,buying a property would probably have included 'black money'. Let me explain. A villa bought 3 years ago which was advertised for 250,000 Euros and sold for that ,,,, but it was highly likely that a large amount (say 70,000 Euros - conservative) would have been paid cash, under the table.[black money ] So on the official paperwork, the sale would have shown 180,000 Euros. So lets say it sold again last week for 220,000 Euros. The property actually made a loss of 30,000 euros although the official figures show that it made a healthy profit 40.000 euros. This is happening all over Spain now because the government has clamped down on 'black money'..... It is very simple, isn't it....the official figures are just crap based on crap..... thats that out the way ...... Also about 10 days ago 3 of the 4 main banks in Spain have clamped down or completely stopped mortgage lending. The reasons given by BBC 1 Breakfast Time World News was a very high percentage of defaults and over building. Who knows for how long the clamp will last. There is one other factor, it has been said that the baby boomers are coming up for retirement and they are heading off to warmer climates. Well sorry to say but pensions (private/company) have performed badly and a lot of them now cannot afford to do it. Lots were looking to take lump sums (1/4 of their total pot) and still have enough to live on. Most of them have been halved or worse and a lot have now decided that they have got to work on instead of retiring early. It would not be so bad if the cost of living in Spain is now becoming on par with the rest of Western Europe. I hear that petrol is costing almost the same as the U.K. now. I guess that doesn't matter too much??? superkings up by 8 euros in one hit , wow ,it will not be long, soon it will all be on par, thats what the E.U is all about, and that bit about eating out is a lot cheaper, we certainly didn't find that unless we ate Spanish food. We couldn't help it but we just loved our English bacon, bread, tea and other products. You certainly pay through both nostrils for them down there in the supermarkets

I hope that anyone reading this in the future will look very deeply before making any property purchases thinking that it will work out a lot cheaper to live or that they will get a good return on their property within 3 or 4 years..[ unlikley]... so you better be sure you will not want to sell and return home or just move to another part of spain 7to10 % on top again dont forget......things dont look so good now do thay.......... Just one other thing to say, I have read on here about all the drunk Brits that cause problems in the holiday resorts. One thing we noticed while living close to Benidorm is that there are two languages in Spain - Spanish and English.... it would seem If you are drunk and or shouting, screaming ,fighting etc in English, then you must be English. We soon realised by the accents, a lot of the time they were not English at all. [ Scandinavian, Canadian, Australian, Irish, Dutch ect ect ect] - but of course, if they are speaking English, the Spanish can not tell the difference in the accents. so we get the blam for all of it .........well thats it said my bit ..... good luck to spain and all that sink with her :P

HOLA4422

Hi everyone,

This is Sally now on the keyboard. Think that the other half has had enough, laughed so much in the last few days just can't take it any more. As it has already been stated by so many, there is so much corruption at all levels in Spain, the real truth is very hard to understand. But I will try to tell it the way it is. There have been many instances throuhout Spain of people being gassed (maybe small apartments, who knows, but it happens). Chloroform is quite often used just before people enter their apartments or villas.

There was a Welsh couple they were travelling around Spain looking to buy a property, they were convinced that they were dealing with estate agents but they were taken inland to see a property. At that point they were both held captive and their bank account was slowly emptied because they threatened to kill his wife. In the end they killed both of them. If it was not for the family of the missing couple, they would never have been found because the Spanish police were doing nothing. Only when they were really under pressure did they look for them. The whole of Europe knows this story but you obviously do not....... For someone who thinks they are so well informed, I find it strange that you don't know why the figures are so low for crime in Spain. The answer is very simple, Spanish police do not like paperwork, as adibrown has stated, quite often for burglary/theft [quot] people are just taken in and given a good beating. We know [this is true from personal experiences in Spain. A gang of mixed races (eastern europe, north african) were caught virtually red-handed but by the time the witness arrived at the police station (45 mins after arrest) they had already been released. When the witness complained to the police he told them that the offenders had been asked to leave the area and never return (given a beating). This happens a lot. Less paperwork plus it looks very good doesn't it - low crime rate. Lets hope that explains that one.

And as for property in Spain is a good investment [[[[[NO WAY ]]]]]] and please don't forget to remind people of the 5%to[7%on new] tax plus up to 3% notary and connection charges etc. when a purchase is made (1 .5% up to 280.000pounds in the U.K.). Then of course there are commuinity fess, local town hall taxes, basura etc. etc. etc. When it comes time to sell, you will probably have 5% or more estate agents fees,plus 5% (or 33% of any profit) deducted. This of course depends on your residency but nevertheless you have still probably got to pay someone to deal with your rebate claim,you may or may not get it returnd. So, if we take all this into consideration, property in Spain would need to show very good gains. ...

With regards to the 10 and 15% gains in parts of Spain. I am sure that you know that up until recently,buying a property would probably have included 'black money'. Let me explain. A villa bought 3 years ago which was advertised for 250,000 Euros and sold for that ,,,, but it was highly likely that a large amount (say 70,000 Euros - conservative) would have been paid cash, under the table.[black money ] So on the official paperwork, the sale would have shown 180,000 Euros. So lets say it sold again last week for 220,000 Euros. The property actually made a loss of 30,000 euros although the official figures show that it made a healthy profit 40.000 euros. This is happening all over Spain now because the government has clamped down on 'black money'..... It is very simple, isn't it....the official figures are just crap based on crap..... thats that out the way ...... Also about 10 days ago 3 of the 4 main banks in Spain have clamped down or completely stopped mortgage lending. The reasons given by BBC 1 Breakfast Time World News was a very high percentage of defaults and over building. Who knows for how long the clamp will last. There is one other factor, it has been said that the baby boomers are coming up for retirement and they are heading off to warmer climates. Well sorry to say but pensions (private/company) have performed badly and a lot of them now cannot afford to do it. Lots were looking to take lump sums (1/4 of their total pot) and still have enough to live on. Most of them have been halved or worse and a lot have now decided that they have got to work on instead of retiring early. It would not be so bad if the cost of living in Spain is now becoming on par with the rest of Western Europe. I hear that petrol is costing almost the same as the U.K. now. I guess that doesn't matter too much??? superkings up by 8 euros in one hit , wow ,it will not be long, soon it will all be on par, thats what the E.U is all about, and that bit about eating out is a lot cheaper, we certainly didn't find that unless we ate Spanish food. We couldn't help it but we just loved our English bacon, bread, tea and other products. You certainly pay through both nostrils for them down there in the supermarkets

I hope that anyone reading this in the future will look very deeply before making any property purchases thinking that it will work out a lot cheaper to live or that they will get a good return on their property within 3 or 4 years..[ unlikley]... so you better be sure you will not want to sell and return home or just move to another part of spain 7to10 % on top again dont forget......things dont look so good now do thay.......... Just one other thing to say, I have read on here about all the drunk Brits that cause problems in the holiday resorts. One thing we noticed while living close to Benidorm is that there are two languages in Spain - Spanish and English.... it would seem If you are drunk and or shouting, screaming ,fighting etc in English, then you must be English. We soon realised by the accents, a lot of the time they were not English at all. [ Scandinavian, Canadian, Australian, Irish, Dutch ect ect ect] - but of course, if they are speaking English, the Spanish can not tell the difference in the accents. so we get the blam for all of it .........well thats it said my bit ..... good luck to spain and all that sink with her :P

I realy do hate to hear people generalise, I DONT LIKE WHAT DOES happen in Spain and all over the world with crooks.

But what I am saying is this, WE TELL PÈOPLE ABOUT ALLLL THE COSTS INVOVLED, NO HIDDEN EXTRAS, WE ALSO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT BLACKMONEY.....NEVER PAY OVER 25% BLACK MONEY.......WE ALSO MAKE SURE BUILDING LISENCES ARE IN PLACE AND THA BANK GAURANTEES ARE IN PLACE.......IF THE BUILD IS LATE YOU GET 6% INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY, IF THE BUILDER GOES BUST YOU ALSO GET ALLLLL YOUR MONEY BACK PLUA 6% INTEREST THROUGH OUT THE TIME IT WAS IN THE BANK.....NOT IN THE DEVELOPERS BANK ACCOUNT BUT IN THE BANKS BANK ACCOUNT..............YOUR MONEY IS SAFE, VERY SAFE................THE WORST CASE IS THAT YOU WOULD NOT MAKE ANY MONEY.....BUT WOULD GET EVERY PENNY BACK PLUS 6%..........

Sally and Paul, I am sorry for your situation realy sorry, but we are not all BAD.

Cheers

HOLA4423

Hi Allme and Everyone,

Nice to see that your people are doing things with the current regulations all in place. There are a few loopholes in the current regulations plus as we found out when we purchased our property, there are still points that are left to trust. i.e. we wanted to move down quite quickly. The builders representative told us that the property would definitely be finished in six months. When we received the contract, the completeion date stated on it was three and a half years on. When we confronted the builder's representave, they said that this was just to cover the builders in an unlikely event and we could rest assured that the property would be built and ready to move in in six months. Guess what, do I really need to tell you, it was not ready until the day before the contract expired. Even then, it was not really finished. This is just one example. It is not the end of the world, but it was frustrating at the time because it was always someone else's fault i.e. bad weather or suppliers on strike etc. etc. etc.

A friend was let down on their purchase. They did get their deposit back and they did receive the 6% but by the time tax, bank charges and their solicitors fees were taken, that had almost evaporated. At least they did not loose money, so that is good.

You say that you wish people would not generalise, I don't think we have, I did check our last mail and could not spot any generalisations other than my comments about the Spanish and other nationalities always blaming the English for the troubles in the holiday resorts. As I said, they generalise and blame us even though quite often it is not the English at all, just the language. People also generalise about England. Please don't fell sorry for us, we personally did not have it that bad, but we saw and spoke to loads that did. We don't regret moving to Spain for 3 years, it just made us appreciate England more than when we left. Plus we did not move back to where we left (Dartford/Gravesend area), we already knew that these areas have problems i.e. traffic, hooligans etc. We ended up right on the south coast (borders Kent/Sussex) where the weather has been very good. The last two winters have not been that different to La Nucia (perhaps less rain here). On average, a bit colder but because the properties are better built and the heating system works, it does not really matter. The locals are much the same as in Spain, people speak even when you don't know them. Have not heard of one break-in or mugging, have not seen any vandalism since we have been back. So when people knock England, I think exactly the same as you about generalising things. Not all parts of England are the same!! We are very happy here. We have travelled all over the world (Western world), Canada (most parts), USA (west coast, California etc.), nearly all the larger islands in the Med. and surrounding countries and others but in our opinion, the best scenery, beaches, quaint villages and also good amenities is right here in England (Cornwall/Devon). They do have some problems as everywhere, the main one being high rainfall level. If it was not for that, I think there would be a queue to go and retire there.

Thanks for the chat, never know, we might come down and have a look at your area for ourselves. We are always jetting off somewhere, it is so cheap now (going to Bilbao for the day, shopping trip, 35 pounds return, Easyjet). Might make your area on the next trip.

All the best to everyone on this site,

P/S

HOLA4424

Hi Allme and Everyone,

Nice to see that your people are doing things with the current regulations all in place. There are a few loopholes in the current regulations plus as we found out when we purchased our property, there are still points that are left to trust. i.e. we wanted to move down quite quickly. The builders representative told us that the property would definitely be finished in six months. When we received the contract, the completeion date stated on it was three and a half years on. When we confronted the builder's representave, they said that this was just to cover the builders in an unlikely event and we could rest assured that the property would be built and ready to move in in six months. Guess what, do I really need to tell you, it was not ready until the day before the contract expired. Even then, it was not really finished. This is just one example. It is not the end of the world, but it was frustrating at the time because it was always someone else's fault i.e. bad weather or suppliers on strike etc. etc. etc.

A friend was let down on their purchase. They did get their deposit back and they did receive the 6% but by the time tax, bank charges and their solicitors fees were taken, that had almost evaporated. At least they did not loose money, so that is good.

You say that you wish people would not generalise, I don't think we have, I did check our last mail and could not spot any generalisations other than my comments about the Spanish and other nationalities always blaming the English for the troubles in the holiday resorts. As I said, they generalise and blame us even though quite often it is not the English at all, just the language. People also generalise about England. Please don't fell sorry for us, we personally did not have it that bad, but we saw and spoke to loads that did. We don't regret moving to Spain for 3 years, it just made us appreciate England more than when we left. Plus we did not move back to where we left (Dartford/Gravesend area), we already knew that these areas have problems i.e. traffic, hooligans etc. We ended up right on the south coast (borders Kent/Sussex) where the weather has been very good. The last two winters have not been that different to La Nucia (perhaps less rain here). On average, a bit colder but because the properties are better built and the heating system works, it does not really matter. The locals are much the same as in Spain, people speak even when you don't know them. Have not heard of one break-in or mugging, have not seen any vandalism since we have been back. So when people knock England, I think exactly the same as you about generalising things. Not all parts of England are the same!! We are very happy here. We have travelled all over the world (Western world), Canada (most parts), USA (west coast, California etc.), nearly all the larger islands in the Med. and surrounding countries and others but in our opinion, the best scenery, beaches, quaint villages and also good amenities is right here in England (Cornwall/Devon). They do have some problems as everywhere, the main one being high rainfall level. If it was not for that, I think there would be a queue to go and retire there.

Thanks for the chat, never know, we might come down and have a look at your area for ourselves. We are always jetting off somewhere, it is so cheap now (going to Bilbao for the day, shopping trip, 35 pounds return, Easyjet). Might make your area on the next trip.

All the best to everyone on this site,

P/S

Hi guys

By all means come to my neck of the woods and I´ll show you around......the area NOT properties, I lived just off East Hill in Dartford...............and opss my appologies again, the generalisation was not meant to you guys, a complete other thread....sorry.

I do agree though generalising in whatever country you live or go to is ridiculus...everywhere is different.

I left England (and i´m glad you call it that) because I was not allowed to be an Englishman in ENGLAND.

I do wish I could be who I am, and to feel proud of it, without everyone telling me I´m racisist, I can be more patriotic in Spain than I can in my own country.....figure that out.

Anyway another topic for another day......before I again go off the deep end...lol

Cheers

HOLA4425

allme ....... hi ..... well i damed so did we , just off st vincents rd bow arrow lane most of the you know whats have gone north now, but down here on the coast we dont see any , all gone more or less.... where we are now is a world away from dartford , i could not live there again or any big town in england or spain so if you come from kent you must know,, great stone/ camber sands/ rye ect PandS