House Price Crash Forum

Game Over In Spain?

HOLA441

Ummmmm, I live and work in Spain.

Try again with a better insult......

btp

Excellent, tell me where and we will have to meet up, and the level of response is only met by the first reponse recieved....

AHHH let me guess, you are a tried and failed estate agent, lawyer, macdonalds chip maker...............so now you have a huge chip on your shoulder and all agents suck...

Or

You work for "agents out".......which only charge a small amount to advertise your house.........but better than paying estate agents com´s...................................PAY US

mmmmmmmmmm

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Did you mean a few days not a few years?

btp

Actually it was a few hours, but what the F**K, I love a good arguement, but seing as this is the only one going i´ll have to stay here until a good one comes along...................

Keep trying boys, come on you can do it...................oh no sorry you cant do it, because to do anytihng you need BALLS and you aint got any...

HOLA444

Actually it was a few hours, but what the F**K, I love a good arguement, but seing as this is the only one going i´ll have to stay here until a good one comes along...................

Keep trying boys, come on you can do it...................oh no sorry you cant do it, because to do anytihng you need BALLS and you aint got any...

impaired boy, no schooling.......

HOLA445

impaired boy, no schooling.......

Is that it, jeez my 2 year old could probably come up with something better than that..............

ha ha ha what a twit I cant stop laughing, is that really it.

I wont even give abuse back on that one.......go on I´ll give ya another try..

ha ha ha ha

HOLA446

Is that it, jeez my 2 year old could probably come up with something better than that..............

ha ha ha what a twit I cant stop laughing, is that really it.

I wont even give abuse back on that one.......go on I´ll give ya another try..

ha ha ha ha

You reply very quickly Allme (?)

I only look in here every week or so......

Nevertheless, you remain, as always, somewhat of an anomaly, albeit an impaired one.

Out of a rapidly dissipating remnant of my original curiousity in these posts, do you still maintain that Spain can deliver big profits? Everyone on the media here is finally acknowledging that prices are falling over there, with close to catastrophic oversupply. Also, look up "Catamite" in a dictionary, just for laughs...

yours etc

filthy receptacle

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The MEDIA…don’t make me laugh, the media are after any sensationalistic view of what pertains to be of interest to the masses……it SELLS, you dope….

I bet you read all the tabloids and “mmmm that’s right” to yourself in your pitiful little hole in your pitiful excuse for a life……………….ohhh Spain’s no good, coz I bought a place in a confused area that’s not quite sure if it will rent out to holiday makers……….I’ve lost my money and I just don’t want to look stupid….so I know, I’ll blame everyone else for my mistake……lol

And YOU Kitty Cat…or should I just call you PUSSY from now on, still cant admit to yourself that YOU made the mistake and YOU didn’t research your areas right…..and YOU still CANT tell me where these bargain Villas are located……quick do a Google search and see what comes up….twit, lol.

And I cant believe you people…..oh hang on, can you tell me what the lottery numbers will be next week………..NO because no one can see into the future, but your all sooooo proud of yourselves because you can do a search grab the worst headlines you can see, post them on here and then jump on that old bandwagon…waving your flags in triumph….

Just as easy as you can find negativity…….I can find the positive, but I don’t need to because I LIVE HERE and I SEE what is going on…….I don’t sit around moaning and groaning about a bad decision that I made.

And really Catemite………..if you are as intelligent as your are pretending to be, get another line of abuse, because its boring and abuse should be something that hurts someone, cuts them to the quick, aggravates them, gets them aggressive….I have already told you I didn’t go to school, so you are telling the TRUTH and that don’t hurt matey…unlike your sad investment excuse that is……oh and this dumb F**K over here, lives a better life, earns more money and has his own beliefs……I don’t follow the brain dead masses that sit on this board……

Cheers and this time because we are getting soooo busy with all the people wanting to buy over here will be my last post for a while…………at least it will give you time to come up with something better…………………enjoy your holidays in Spain’s no mans land territory…..lol

Oh and the dictionary didn’t recognise “Catemite”….but did suggest I should have meant Catamite….translated as

“A boy who has a sexual relationship with a man”..

Now that would explain a few things, Thanks but I’m not that way inclined, but each to there own……….

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Disposing of the pages of childish insults why dont we discuss the origins of the discussion which was Game Over in Spain?

I have no doubt that some rather overpriced and badly built developments are struggling to sell. I have seen barns 30 miles inland going for £100k+ which is ridiculous. There are some Brits that are going in stupidly and buying from inspection visits or purchasing land without solicitors advice. I agree with all of this.

But I have to say I fully agree with Allme. If you know where to buy bargains can still be had and money can be made. I remember people telling me about crashes in 2003, 2004, 2005 and now in 2006. What they fail to understand is that this boom in property has been almost solely fuelled up until now by UK buyers. When I first looked into Spain in 1999 I was told that the bottom of the market was dropping because the German economy was crashing and the majority of Spanish holiday home owners were German. Their arguments were very credible and I saw the mass exodus and the Se Vende signs everywhere. For 6 months the market went stale but a crash never happened. The builders just stopped building for a year and the annual flow of new build buyers just soaked up the extra resale properties.

Before I knew it I had lost around £20k by not buying when I should have and even though the Germans all left the market the massive hole left was filled by Brits. This was a time when interest rates were a lot higher than they are now.

Now the German economy is on the up as well as the Swedes and Dutch it is startingly obvious that they are going to start buying again in their favourite part of Europe. In fact on our urbanisation the 3 resale properties that have been hanging around for 4 months now have all gone in the past 2 weeks to 2 German couples and a Dutch guy.

I find all of this hype about crashes really amusing. Of course certain areas are struggling to sell and what happens is the developers move on and the property supply realigns itself. The articles which states that God forbid some people have been lowering their prices by 30,000 euros is no surprise. They have been overinflating the price of their house even beyond the rather hefty local standards. Most people I know who are selling have added an extra 40k euros on to the price which stands at 100k euros more than what they paid a year ago anyway.

I do pity those looking for a crash in the Spanish market because I have been mithered by them for 4 years now and they still rub their hands every time I see them and say "oh dear did you see that programme the other night telling people about the dangers of buying in Spain".

Oh yes I reply that must be the danger that has allowed me to sell my first spanish house and buy another one mortgage free and bank £70k. Highly dangerous ;o)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

This one?

btp

No

Its a good house though.

My house in Spain is rented out long term and not for sale. I did put that website together and if anybody is interested in that one there are about 3 others very similar on that developement. The house on that site was bought for £130k about 2 years ago ;)

HOLA4416

No

Its a good house though.

My house in Spain is rented out long term and not for sale. I did put that website together and if anybody is interested in that one there are about 3 others very similar on that developement. The house on that site was bought for £130k about 2 years ago ;)

It does look very pretty. Are you sure it wasn't your house?

Your website (looks good!) has a picture of this house described as "Our house the one with tree (middle)".

btp

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Why buy it now for that price?

2003 = 130k ish (quite a lot of money)

2006 = 230k (anyone that buy's anywhere near that price is going to loose a lot of money)

2008/09 = 90 to 120k tops.

Spain is tanking with much further to go as we are just at the begining of the downside.

Pablo Silver or Lead?

What downside? No.1 Cala Marques just went for 340k euros, an apartment went for 260k 2 weeks ago. A development called Desert Springs which a friend of mine works for out there said that sales had increased quite a bit in 2006 and before you say it she has no VI and she isnt in sales (shes in accounts and she is Spanish).

May be a few too many developments have been built in areas like Murcia and Malaga but the market doesn't seem to have been affected in Almeria. I understand there may be a correction in areas like Barcleona as well because they are quite overpriced. At the end of the day £230k isnt too bad for a 4 storey 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house just a minute from the beach in any economic cycle.

And even better...here come the Germans. Bring it on.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

£230k isnt too bad! You're making the same mistake many Brits Do in Spain and Florida. "That looks cheap" compared to the UK. Spain cant and wont support anything like these prices given I/R and Oil prices are going up, the crazy boom is over. Many Germans, Dutch and Brits have been burnt in Spain. There is a mass of property on the market with much more to come. With all the bad publicity in the pipeline demand will totaly disapear. Then you will be able to buy property in Spain for prices sustainable by fundimentals. i.e. Cheap as chips it happend befor and it is happening again. Good luck if you read it differently.

Pablo Silver or Lead?

HOLA4421

What downside? No.1 Cala Marques just went for 340k euros, an apartment went for 260k 2 weeks ago. A development called Desert Springs which a friend of mine works for out there said that sales had increased quite a bit in 2006 and before you say it she has no VI and she isnt in sales (shes in accounts and she is Spanish).

May be a few too many developments have been built in areas like Murcia and Malaga but the market doesn't seem to have been affected in Almeria. I understand there may be a correction in areas like Barcleona as well because they are quite overpriced. At the end of the day £230k isnt too bad for a 4 storey 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house just a minute from the beach in any economic cycle.

And even better...here come the Germans. Bring it on.

Well "adibrown" - any reply on the salient question viz-a-viz your house in spain?

If not, I suggest you join Allme in the dunces corner......might be eligible for disability allowance though so it's not all bad.....

excellent find BTP.

HOLA4422

They say approx 50% return home after 3 years which makes you think 50% stay in spain the facts are 10% died ... 15% ....moved elsewhere .....15%...cant return even if they wanted to ie tax man or maintenance or whatever.... that leaves 20% or so . who are this 20% builders ... estate agents etc ????? but the one thing almost everyone knows now is that spain is not a good place to invest ,possibly renting is the best if you wanted to live in spain that way you can make your mind up i think the love affair with the costas is over , well it is for us we had 3years on the costa blanca we were lucky to sell[ 1 year 8 months] nearly all our friends have returned or trying to sell but the market is dead just a few spanish and most of them will vanish with the clamp down mortgages.... we have now been back in England for 18 months living on the kent coast near Rye ...would we return to spain ? no way only for holidays . I could go on all day telling whats wrong with spain , I could also do the same about the U.K but we know where we stand here .. whereas the only thing you need to know about spain is its probably the most corrupt country in Europe what more can i say good luck the chances are you will need it

HOLA4423

Well "adibrown" - any reply on the salient question viz-a-viz your house in spain?

If not, I suggest you join Allme in the dunces corner......might be eligible for disability allowance though so it's not all bad.....

excellent find BTP.

What is it with you guys I answered that question ages ago. As I said my house is rented long term, It isn't for sale!!!!!!!! My house is not for sale. MY HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE. Sorry to disappoint you all. There are a mix of pictures used to design that website that use my house pictures I have said that already but it isn't my house being described or advertised.

Must say I am very surprised at the level of intellectual debate in this section of the site. I mean Paul/Sally have obviously brought somewhere horrid like Torrevieja or Denia etc on the Costa Blanca where you have more tattoos per square foot then anywhere else in the World. Absolutely filthy horrid part of Spain. Had a bad experience and come back to make 2 posts on Spanish property section and tar the whole of Spain with the same brush. It would be like investing in the UK and comparing Sellafield to Salcombe or Middlesborough to Edinburgh.

HOLA4424

What is it with you guys I answered that question ages ago. As I said my house is rented long term, It isn't for sale!!!!!!!! My house is not for sale. MY HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE. Sorry to disappoint you all. There are a mix of pictures used to design that website that use my house pictures I have said that already but it isn't my house being described or advertised.

Must say I am very surprised at the level of intellectual debate in this section of the site. I mean Paul/Sally have obviously brought somewhere horrid like Torrevieja or Denia etc on the Costa Blanca where you have more tattoos per square foot then anywhere else in the World. Absolutely filthy horrid part of Spain. Had a bad experience and come back to make 2 posts on Spanish property section and tar the whole of Spain with the same brush. It would be like investing in the UK and comparing Sellafield to Salcombe or Middlesborough to Edinburgh.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with Paul/Sally on Spain being such a bad place, but my-oh-my do I agree with their synopsis on the property situation - congratulations guys on making the hard call and getting out, even at a painful price. Adi, to be quite frank I don't believe you about the house either - I'd help you out with that ;) but I have no need for Spanish property lemons right now - I'm doing too well in other markets (that aren't in a state of collapse!)

yours very amused indeed

Catamite

HOLA4425

This post looks like it might have been written by 2 different people. Previous posts suggest the same.

I address the first paragraph. adibrown, I believe you. Is this your partner's house, or a house under your partner's instruction /management?

Mystery poster number 2. Welcome. Spain is indeed a very complex entity with an interesting history. I'm reading a very fine text on the civil war at the moment, which seems to explain everything. I wish I'd paid more attention to history in school.

btp