House Price Crash Forum

If You Thought We Were Geeky...

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Tsunami City?

I know the Middle East very well, having worked extensively in the region. Dubai, like the other states, is a fiefdom and no one who buys there will ever have absolute title to property.

I wouldn't touch the ME at any price, and Dubai shows all the trappings of another daft property bubble.

Edited by Red Baron

HOLA444

Here's a picture of that Palm island mentioned the other day: http://img422.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...eirah0va8vu.jpg - totally crazy.

Saw a tv doc the other week on that palm development, may have been Open Uni, apparently there's big problems like stagnant water & subsidence due to sinking houses.

As Red Baron says there were horrible massive bubble signs & a lot of disgruntled buyers and bad building generally in Dubai.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA445

The mother of art is architecture, unavoidable and lasting, and when you get it wrong people notice (like designing a man made islands as a giant cannabis leaf).

It's interesting to see what the cityscape will look like in just a few short years, it's nice to see what's being built. Lets hope they finish them before things turn sour and inevitably do a Canary Wharf or Center Point

"Architecture is music in space, as it were a frozen music" - Friedrich von Schelling

I know the Middle East very well, having worked extensively in the region. Dubai, like the other states, is a fiefdom and no one who buys there will ever have absolute title to property.

That's technically the same in the UK too, even if you own the freehold or "fee simple" this simply means you need only pay for the privilege of owning once. Mind you, we have the rule of law and the Queen already has enough land.