House Price Crash Forum

Right or wrong?

SarahBell

HOLA441
29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Hard times.

My experience, albeit second hand, is that you have to make a huge nuisance of yourself in these circumstances to have those you love treated correctly.

Threaten them with an official complaint if you're not absolutely happy that they have been looked after properly.

Doctors are just people in white coats. 

In my experience some of them are truly awful at handling patients and their families while some are wonderful. Often it is pot luck which you meet. It also needs to be remembered that some have bad days when they have been worked off their feet and all their patients seem to be dying. 

On the subject of parking by the elderly my old Mum has been a habitual parking violator over the years but she generally just pays the fines when her collar gets felt. As she does not get out so often now her days of blagging free spaces are drawing to a close. I suspect her response to being hemmed in would have simply been to have taken started up her beaten up old car and kept reversing into the offending vehicle until she had rammed it out of the way. 

HOLA442
HOLA443
4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

If he doesn't improve in the next 24 hours - they switch to making him comfortable as he dies.

He's had "Do Not Resuscitate" on his medical notes for the last three years, and both the family and the medical staff are now united in carrying out his wishes should it come to that. He's fighting it all the way though the stubborn old bugger...! 

And I agree mate - the care is excellent. The nurse who was looking after him this afternoon had us all laughing, and the registrar who popped in was my idea of what a doctor should be like. Superb manner - put us all at ease - and he sugar-coated nothing at all. Straight-talkers such as my good-self really appreciate that.

A refreshing change from the bell-end from a few days earlier - who had my mother pointlessly sat waiting to see him four hours after he sneaked off home...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Hang onto thoughts of the good people.  There is always a tool to be stumbled across wherever you are.  Don't let this colour and cloud your last memories of your dad and try to let it go.  Easier when it is you who comes across the idiot, harder when it is someone close. 

My dad was on dialysis at James cook and one day decided he had had enough and refused treatment. Rightly so in my view as it is about quality of life. The medical staff fully supported this decision as should the medical staff looking after your dad.  It's hard so be kind to yourself and those you love 

HOLA444
11 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Hang onto thoughts of the good people.  There is always a tool to be stumbled across wherever you are.  Don't let this colour and cloud your last memories of your dad and try to let it go.  Easier when it is you who comes across the idiot, harder when it is someone close. 

My dad was on dialysis at James cook and one day decided he had had enough and refused treatment. Rightly so in my view as it is about quality of life. The medical staff fully supported this decision as should the medical staff looking after your dad.  It's hard so be kind to yourself and those you love 

You and other posters are of course 100% correct - I just met the wrong person on the wrong day.

My youngest daughter has also been a regular kidney patient at James Cook. She is fortunate enough to have a dialysis porta-cabin in the back-garden these days, but if your dad was in there any time within the last 10 years, I'm sure they'll have bumped into each other a few times.

It's a small world...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Archived