House Price Crash Forum

What Has Happened To The Torygraph?

Guest TheBlueCat

HOLA441
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

with a general election around the corner, I'm certain all the party's pr/spin departments have teams of bloggers, twitterers and the like trying to get their message and poo-poo the opponents at any opportunity they get.

Case in point, you've just read lots of anti-tory comments in a traditionally right-leaning paper, and it's far more subtle and effective than any advert

I'm pretty sure this is happening with the Spectator articles which are posted on Facebook. Most of the time nobody ever comments on them, but in the last couple of weeks there have been huge numbers of emotive, poorly argued comments from vitriolic lefties, particularly about UKIP. Of course it could just be election fever.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443

What has happened to this website tonight - is it officially packet loss evening ;)

The Telegraph has turned into such a laughable CCHQ crock of crap that I've actually quite enjoyed reading the Guardian lately.

The political stuff especially from everyone's favourite "it's all so unfair" poster child, Owen Jones, I think, is very far from my politics, which apparently are 'right wing libertarian' according to an online thing I filled out once. Apparently most right-wingers are authoritarian? And he's just hilarious. So earnest, but so funny. "You'll grow up eventually."

The actual quality of the journalism on the non politics stuff is actually really very good and soars above the Telegraph.

Still awaiting my chance to go and write "None of the above" on the ballot paper. Never done that before. Not long to go now.

Archived