House Price Crash Forum

No Exit: Britain’S Social Housing Trap

HOLA441

Yes I know its worrying and unbelievable. Can't afford London, well move to Reading and spend hours on a train madness. Great if you are CEO of Barclays but for anyone else pointless madness.

Subscribed to a young black guy on Twitter due to some weird tweets like for example

'this year I hope to be blessed with an internship'

WTF, an internship? Not a proper paying job?

Baaa Baaa Baaa

Is he a Mormon?

HOLA442
HOLA443

All of you complaining about why should they get council homes in the area they grew up in, personally I think its there right to be housed in the area they grew up in, why should they commute to work. The people on here arguing against this should step back and think a bit, its in there best interests that local people should be housed locally by the state.

If you don't agree then why should the state pay for your health care why should the state pay for your education or you children educations, why should single people pay for your kids to be educated receive child benefits etc..

Why because the state should look after its people, the state should be working for the people, its those that are in power who are abusing the power, for there own economic benefit, before your criticism towards your fellow subjects think hard at what happening.

Its your way of thinking that does not change whats going on and put you in position of hate, if you argued in favor of local people to be locally housed it may even benefit you, but most cant see that.

Edited by crash2006

HOLA444

All of you complaining about why should they get council homes in the area they grew up in, personally I think its there right to be housed in the area they grew up in, why should they commute to work. The people on here arguing against this should step back and think a bit, its in there best interests that local people should be housed locally by the state.

If you don't agree then why should the state pay for your health care why should the state pay for your education or you children educations, why should single people pay for your kids to be educated receive child benefits etc..

Why because the state should look after its people, the state should be working for the people, its those that are in power who are abusing the power, for there own economic benefit, before your criticism towards your fellow subjects think hard at what happening.

Its your way of thinking that does not change whats going on and put you in position of hate, if you argued in favor of local people to be locally housed it may even benefit you, but most cant see that.

This is the point I've been trying to make. At one time a mill owner would build a mill then build houses to accomodate the workforce.

Slowly we have been brainwashed into thinking we can't expect to be housed near work, or where we were brought up and that we have commute miles. Why?

Also we have to drive miles to out of town retail parks to shop. Well I'm from an age when virtually everything we ate as a kid was carried back from local shops with mum.

And the ultimate insanity of bussing kids all over town to get to a school, which partly conditions them to a life commuting.

You couldn't invent a more fcked up system if you tried