House Price Crash Forum

Best Mini Keyboard Touchpad?

shindigger

HOLA441

Due to the BBC carking the iplayer on my Sony Blue Ray, i've lashed an old laptop in to service.

What's the best unit for running iplayer youtube 4od etc.

Have seen this, and its nice and cheap but i'm a tad underwhelmed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic%C2%AE-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-Mouse/dp/B00DUUF250/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413995051&sr=8-1&keywords=KEYBOARD+MINI+MEDIA

Anybody happily using a comparable model?

Would be just running windows 7, and maybe XBMC / Mash Up, if i can be bothered setting it up on another machine.

HOLA442

That looks like the one I bought a couple of months ago to play around with XBMC on a Raspberry Pi.

It's better than I expected, although I haven't been using it much. The advertised touchpad sensitivity setting doesn't seem to work, but you might have more luck in windows if you can play around with a software settings, and the one I got was a US-type layout, which potentially makes things difficult if you have to enter something like a pasword that isn't echoed to screen. There was no driver supplied - the thing has worked on my Windows 7 box and the Pi.

The main ergonomic issue I had was with xbmc's mildly schizophrenic combination of a mouse pointer AND hop-between-things-via-cursor-keys interface.

The thing smelled seriously carcinogenic when first delivered, but that's died down now.

Also the rechargeable battery appears to be a knock-off of a Nokia one from the previous decade - it's marked "BL-5C" and bears a half-hearted copy of the concentric rings graphics seen on the real ones. Depending on how you feel about lith-ion batteries that might put you off. If you're happy with that feature (or you have a genuine bl-5c in a draw somewhere) then I'd say get one.

HOLA443

That looks like the one I bought a couple of months ago to play around with XBMC on a Raspberry Pi.

It's better than I expected, although I haven't been using it much. The advertised touchpad sensitivity setting doesn't seem to work, but you might have more luck in windows if you can play around with a software settings, and the one I got was a US-type layout, which potentially makes things difficult if you have to enter something like a pasword that isn't echoed to screen. There was no driver supplied - the thing has worked on my Windows 7 box and the Pi.

The main ergonomic issue I had was with xbmc's mildly schizophrenic combination of a mouse pointer AND hop-between-things-via-cursor-keys interface.

The thing smelled seriously carcinogenic when first delivered, but that's died down now.

Also the rechargeable battery appears to be a knock-off of a Nokia one from the previous decade - it's marked "BL-5C" and bears a half-hearted copy of the concentric rings graphics seen on the real ones. Depending on how you feel about lith-ion batteries that might put you off. If you're happy with that feature (or you have a genuine bl-5c in a draw somewhere) then I'd say get one.

Thanks. i passed on that one and chose looks over ergonomics.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Qwerty-M-Track-Wireless-Keyboard-Trackball/dp/B00ABGWWPE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Archived