House Price Crash Forum

This Pope Geezer

Guest TheBlueCat

HOLA441

Problem with this is that Jesus nominated St Peter as the 1st Pope (Petros, and on this rock. I will build my church).

and where was peter and the rest of the apostles(and presumably offspring) in the interceding 320 odd years while rome was still feeding christians to the lions?

...or inquisitions??(do you think peter sanctioned boiling unbelievers in hot oil/putting them on racks etc until they submitted?)

there ARE a set of bones in one of the crypts in the vatican, that part is correct.

but it is NOT simon peter...it's SIMON MAGUS.

ps.should any of the apostles have had offspring,they know their ancestry and their history.

it's my belief that some of them DID end up on these islands(and ireland)

the reasoning behind this is events like the torching of the irish registry office...this is surely to get rid of evidence

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

and where was peter and the rest of the apostles(and presumably offspring) in the interceding 320 odd years while rome was still feeding christians to the lions?

Religion thrives on oppression. That's why the C of E preaches to empty churches while Judaism and Catholicism have the energy from the terrible oppression some of them suffered within living memory, and Islam is growing more powerful and terrible even today.

The catacombs days were the making of Christianity with - like Islam in Europe today - a feared terrorist element. Constantine tamed it by bringing them in from the cold, turning it into a kinder, gentler fairytale from what was already the unimaginably-distant past. The cuddlier aspects of Christianity, like the christmas story, originate with Constantine.

Archived