House Price Crash Forum

Todays Sun

HOLA441
HOLA442

In the Sun today i see that News International has bought Propertyfinder.com, get ready for plenty of ramping of the housing market in the Sun and advertising of the web site........

How do they get there revenue? Is it not based on the number of properties advertised? Maybe a good move if thats the case. The amount of stock on EA's books is rising all the time.

HOLA443

In the Sun today i see that News International has bought Propertyfinder.com, get ready for plenty of ramping of the housing market in the Sun and advertising of the web site........

This must have been a real kick in the nuts for the founders, the price Murdoch paid for the Austrailian portal was a lot lot more. There seems to be a benchmark of 14-16mil for portals in the UK recently. Thinking about it logically if property finder spends 3mil over 5 years advertising through newscorp., an argument could be put forward that Newscorp has bought them for nowt.

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...=854&cat=44-0-0

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA444

So that's why suddenly CWD went up 16p or so yesterday. I was wondering.

HOLA445

Good afternoon FP!

Must say, I enjoyed your debut on the goggle-box the other day immmensely, most accomplished IMO.

I couldn't help being somewhat amused at all the public health warnings they kept flashing across the screen when you were having your say. Reminded me of Lance Corporal Jones' legendary "Don't panic Capt. Manwaring!"

Also, the disguised look of anguish on Mr Keys' face everytime you mentioned the fact that all was not well with the current housing market, was priceless.

I sincerely hope this signals the beginnings of a burgeoning career in the media for you...

Best regards,

WA.

Agreed,it was cool watching "one of your own" and talking sense as well maybe f.p should get a media agent,get t.v work and help fight the v.i at their own game........... :D